• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[E-zine] Intergalactic Medicine Show

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I was browsing through the book store and found a book with stories but its also a online magazine called "Intergalactic Medicine Show" It's for sci-fi/fantasy and they pay $.6 cents a word and they keep the story for a year but after that you can re-sell it.
Does anyone have more info on this or heard of it. I'm guessing it would have to be legit if a big authors name is on it? Right?
Ok, let me know what you think.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
It's legit, but note -- they have pretty strong limitations on acceptable content. Supposedly to be YA friendly, actually with a serious slant on what that means. So check the guidelines carefully.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Heheh--that thread title and thread placement really got me laughing. :D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I've submitted to IGMS a couple of times (both rejected) and have another story with them right now. It's likely slated for rejection too due to the YA slant (which could be cured with a slight revision of a few words). They're very legit, as in SFWA credit material.

It's Orson Scott Card's publication and he's one of the Big Names in SF.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all. I will look into to it more. Does anyone know where to find other online stories to submit to? Perferly Urban Fantasy?

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Try Duotrope to start. There's also plenty of information about markets in the Short Fiction subforum.

AmandaHelms

Pumpkin cookies
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandahelms.com
Sorry to resurrect an old thread--but does anyone know if IGMS sends auto-responses to acknowledge submissions? I subbed about 5 weeks ago. I know not to query because it hasn't been 3 months, but I never received a confirmation of receipt. After having a sub fail with another market, I'm just feeling paranoid.