Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
Heartbreaking, so heartbreaking.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps it has to do with the amount of medication it takes to subdue the hallucinations?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
So how did they come up with the "20-30 times more severe" figure?

My guess would be the fact they're under dilusions all the time. My BIL as stated earlier in the thread is considered a pretty severe case and he'll go for weeks without hearing voices or seeing things that aren't there without meds, and the violent cycles are also several weeks in the making.

Whereas this little girl is under dilusions 95% of the time?! And her violent episodes are instantaneous. Those are quite a bit more severe than the severe adult cases. I would probably quantify that by a good 20-30 times more severe, so it looks like it fits to me.

Rebekah7

Unofficial Jester
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen when she grows up. Even if the medication starts to work then, who knows what the effect of having delusions during her formative years will be?

I hope they find a way to help her.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score

Exir

Out of the cradle endlessly rocking
Registered
Reaction score
Same here, icerose. On the one hand, it's sad that so very few institutions would have Juni. On the other hand, it's very heartwarming that so many people are helping her family cope with such an overwhelming responsibility.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Is it bad that I read this case...and half of me is screaming in horror, half is sobbing its eyes off...and half is going, "Wow, that would make an *awesome* novel."

Exir

Out of the cradle endlessly rocking
Registered
Reaction score
...and half is going, "Wow, that would make an *awesome* novel."

Funny thing. Watch Ingmar Bergman's "Through A Glass Darkly". Synchronicity strikes :D

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I thought I was evil. Why would someone post a story this depressing during the holidays? (yeah, I know but it's so damn sad.) May the family find the help they need. Well, the girl seems to at least have a very caring family, and that can make all the difference sometimes. Here's hoping.