Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Submission format for poetry

Submission format for poetry

So I know to put all the contact info at the top, and single-spacing for poetry, but what about when you are submitting a batch of 5-8 poems (many are very short)? I'm assuming that each poem gets its own page, but does each one have all the contact info, or just the first page? It seems to me that it would be easy for them to get separated, and it doesn't actually take up much room to just include it.
    Angelica R. Jackson, Writer and Photographer

Crow's Rest, a darkly funny young adult urban fantasy, forthcoming from Spencer Hill Press in May 2015
    Add it on Goodreads

Website
    Blog: Angelic Muse: Angelica R. Jackson
    Photography
    Twitter: @angelicarjaxon
    Facebook

Just happy to be here caseyquinn's Avatar
    Hey Angelica, Usually submission guidelines will state how they want the contact data - some don't want it in the attachment at all but in the body of the email. Some want the poems in the body and include a bio with contact info. This is for electronic submissions

for print submissions, what i usually do is put my contact info on the first page and then just put my name in the header section of each following page with one poem per page
    Casey Quinn

My second poetry chapbook Prepare To Crash is now available from Big Table Publishing. Pick up a copy today !

Read some good short prose and poetry - Short Story Library