• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andy Ross Literary Agency

Libertygal

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. Does anyone know anything about Andy Ross of the Andy Ross Literary Agency? I know he used to own Cody's Bookstore in San Fran, but not much else. Anyone have any experience with him?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
His sales so far are to publishers which don't require agented submissions, but they're all solid (and I sure ain't gonna sneeze at a six-figure deal).

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I just have to mention that it's funny cuz that's my dad's name.

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody have any recent info about this agency? I received a request for a full today after Leslie Berkler read my partial, they don't seem to handle a lot of fiction.

Thanks!

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Mel, have you heard back from Leslie Berkler? She requested my partial on 10/10 but I haven't heard from her. I submitted a revised copy on 12/15. Just wondering how long she usually takes to respond.

Last edited:

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, not a word. She was very quick on responding to my partial though, within a couple of days I think. She's had my full almost three months and no word. Will nudge at three months and let you know if I hear anything!

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I nudged Leslie and a few days later she asked me to send the ms again. Sigh. Lucky I have a few other fulls out or I'd be pretty upset. Doesn't fill me with confidence though!

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
After nine months and a few nudges, finally got my single line rejection with absolutely no information in it. I had nudged one last time as I am starting to query my new book and wanted the loose ends tied up on the last one before trunking it. Won't be querying this agency again.