• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent & Pub Listings] Preditors & Editors

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, that's the P&E folks often refer to. Dave is also an active member here.

As an aside, please check the Index before posting new threads. Not only is P&E highlighted in the Intro post, it has its own section under Watchdog Groups.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I tried to search for it but couldn't find it on here. but thanks.

Monica Partridge

Registered
Reaction score
Preditors and Editors?

I just found a site called Preditors and Editors which lists Agents and Publishers, giving warnings about those that are disreputable and recommendations for those that are genuine. I had a look at some of them and the site seems to be a good reference for finding the right kind of agent or publisher. Has anyone else come across this site and if so, is my impression of it correct? Thank you again for your help and input. :)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
LoL, yes P&E is a legit site. (Site runner is a member here). It's a great place to cross-reference your agent lists.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Just found this topic! (Just kidding.)

If you have complaints to forward to P&E, please remember that complaints accompanied by attached documentation get faster results. Copies of emails, contracts, and screen prints, to list a few, are considered very important at P&E as all recommendations are based on documentation.

fattchris

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cmichaelfontes.com
Interview with Preditors and Editors

I had the pleasure of interview David Kuzminski, creator of Preditors and Editors. Feel free to give a listen and let me know what you think!

This is our second episode of a podcast for writers, and we were so lucky to have David on the show. Check it out!

http://www.thewritepodcast.com

ccbridges

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ccbridges.net
At the risk of resurrecting a dead thread, I'm just looking to see if there's any info about Preditors and Editors being updated. I want to include the link on a guide to publishing resources, but not if there's no chance of updates. The latest I could find on the site itself was 2009.

Thanks.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
On 3 August 2013, I spoke at the Writer's Symposium in Charlottesville, Va. Truthfully, I found the writers in attendance quite interesting and eager to learn. Their questions were often on target with what was impotant. However, I must admit my ego felt stroked because of how many considered me and P&E to be a hero.

I guess the bad guys will have to reconsider putting out a contract on me. Hey bad guys, just so you'll know: I live in Petersburg, Va. Oh, that's right, Whitey Bulger is on trial and probably won't be available. Too bad.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Dave, thank you for being on the front line.

All too often, regional and local writers' meetings seem to draw con artists and well-meaning incompetents, against whom the average attendee doesn't have enough information to be on guard. So I was really happy to hear your appearance went so well.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Should I include the street address? After all, we know how badly some scammers are at reading even though I've been at the same address for over 30 years and in the phone book for the same time. Email me if you need that information. I doubt if some scammers even know that libraries carry that information.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I'll just second my thanks to Mr. Kuzminski for not only having a fine website, but also for taking the time to read over contracts sent to him and giving his opinion(s) on them. It's good when the very experienced and knowledgeable people take the time to help new writers like myself.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
After Dave's passing in '14, P&E was adopted by Andrew Burt (of Critters Writers Workshop), who is currently seeking a new caretaker for the database. Listings are offline for the duration. http://pred-ed.com/

Lineykins

Registered
Reaction score
Just discovered this myself after going to Preditors and Editors to research a new (to me) publisher. Such sad news. It was a great resource.