The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Collection Publishing / Tampa Marketing Company

practical experience, FTW

Collection Publishing / Tampa Marketing Company

Anybody submit to them and if so have you heard back yet? No reply to any of my emails since submitting; wrote to them three times and still nothing. Wondering if anyone here had a response from them.

The details:
    http://www.tampamarketingcompany.blogspot.com/

I may be jumping to conclusions but that site looks like a scam to me. I mean why would they create a blogger blog when they have websites of their own? Anyway, do post if something turns up. Best of luck.

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar
    I subbed to the poetry anthology.

A few people have heard back, apparently, for the relationships anthology. Duotrope reports a few responses for fiction.

That said, it seems like everything is now at a complete standstill. Both the website pages show no new updates. I sent an email the other day asking for a status report. I said I'd like to send the poem elsewhere if they don't want it (they don't allow simultaneous submissions). I have yet to receive a reply.

By the way, the website still is saying they expect to publish these anthologies on July 1. I don't see how that's possible at this point.

ETA: Adding link: http://writercollections.com/Home_Page.html
    Last edited by seaaircarol; 06-20-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    The Princess and the Poison, the first cozy in the Storybook Park Mystery series, is now available at most e-book retailers.

www.carolayer.com

Looks like our very own Susie made the cut for the relationships anthology!

Way to go, Susie!

Maybe she can comment on what's going on.
    The Princess and the Poison, the first cozy in the Storybook Park Mystery series, is now available at most e-book retailers.

www.carolayer.com

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Hey, Carol & all. I was very happy to have had a story of mine accepted with them. They are very nice, answered the few questions I had, sent the contract quickly and I'm just waiting 'til October for it to be in their anthology. They pay $50 and give a few copies of the book, too. imho they are legit. Very nice people to work with, also. Thanks much, Carol.
    Last edited by Susie; 06-22-2009 at 02:59 AM.

The Tony Award-winning TemlynWriting's Avatar
    I think this thread is more appropriate for the Bewares and Background Check forum, or perhaps Freelance Writing, than the Paying Markets board, since it is not being posted deliberately as a paying market, but is more in question.

I'll move it to B&BC for now. If the mod there sees fit to move it to Freelance Writing, then it will be done.

Thanks!
    Julia Temlyn, Word Therapist
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer Writers Remember Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog Houston Theatre
    Etc.: Twitter: @JuliaTemlyn & @MusicalReviewer Facebook Linkedin

That's okay, I just shoved in the paying markets because I'm lazy on forums.

Anyway, thanks for replying people.

So I guess the anthologies have been pushed back to October, then?

I really wish he would update the websites. I find it frustrating when people post a submission call, have a deadline, give a date for publication, not allow simultaneous subs, and then disappear without updating people or answering e-mails.

www.carolayer.com

I know how you feel. I sent them three emails asking after my submission, and so far nothing. Not even a little note out of courtesy to let me know they'll get back to me.

Good luck, Icenine. I guess I'll wait a bit longer, and then withdraw my poem.

www.carolayer.com

I withdrew my poem today.

I hope Susie's volume comes to fruition, but it certainly seems like everything has come to a screeching halt.

www.carolayer.com

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Hey, all. I did send them an email asking if they received my contract via snail mail and that was quite a few weeks ago. No reply, so I'm a bit concerned. I figure if it does work out, great. If not, I'm back to the same place I was before.

Hey, Susie. I'm sorry to hear that they're not responding to you. So I guess you haven't received payment?

It's too bad if this all just falls apart, especially for the people who did receive acceptances.

www.carolayer.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Neither site's been updated. Anyone hear back?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Well, as far as I know since last year I spoke to the Publisher at the company on the phone and he said they couldn't get a publisher so it is on hold, unfortunately.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    That doesn't make sense. They're the publisher. Did they mean they can't find a printer? In this age of Lulu, that doesn't make sense either, unless they mean they don't have the capital to pay a printer for an actual print run. Which raises a bunch of other questions ....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: