Last Game you have played...

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
You can kill as many clockwork soldiers as you like, even in low chaos!

I'm doing high chaos atm with Emily. I love some of her comments, but other times I feel so bad >> (stop judging me, dammit, game)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I know, but I was trying to maintain as much stealth as possible. Which isn't possible when you're running around them, alerting every flavor of guard around. (I didn't learn until pretty late that you could essentially blind them by getting the literal drop on them.)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've recently been playing the PS4 version Remaster of Final Fantasy X. I missed it when it first came out because I didn't have a PS2, and I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. At this point, I'm almost to the end of the game, which surprised me. I didn't realize I'd gotten that far into it.

Oh well. There's still a ton of optional stuff I can do before finishing the game. So far, I've only died a few times (usually the first time I fight one of Seymour's many incarnations, or when enemies end up confusing my entire party).

I was so scared when I ran into a Malboro in this game because I remember what they were like in FFIV. In that game, I ran away any time I ended up in a battle with them.

Cascada

Registered
Reaction score
Empyrion- its a science fiction building/adventure game. Love it, its in alpha so far, but a lot of fun so far.

Before that it was: World of Warcraft, Sims 4, Minecraft, Landmark & Dragon Age.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
This War of Mine. I've completed all but two scenarios, with everyone surviving without stealing or harming innocents. There is one scenario left to try (I'm putting it off because I don't want the game to end! :) ), and one that I've tried but didn't survive so far (Marko by himself). I intend to buy the DLC that add the children in the next Steam sale. I know some people have found this game very bleak, but I love that thinking things through and managing it all carefully keeps everyone alive, I think because it gives the feeling of having some control in a terrible situation. It also has lovely, atmospheric music.

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
I recently found two fallout 3 add ons for cheap so naturally being a constant wanderer of that pulverized landscape, snapped them right the heck up. The Pitt and Point Lookout are fantastic additions to the capital wasteland, two unique and haunting locations that I'll return to every couple weeks and see what carnage is bubbling away and what plunder I can haul back. The Pitt is just a morose hole existing north of washington, it gnaws away at you, I thought I'd become hardened strolling around the main game's forlorn offerings but that place takes the cake, there's not an ounce of hope glimmering anytime soon... I left it how it was. My journey through the pitt was also punctuated rather comically by a mind bending sight seeing tour through a hole in one of the steel mill's glitch-infested ceiling sections, felt like I walked for days in some desolate grey desert trying to get back IN the map haha! One of the add ons has extended the game for me too, now I don't have such an abrupt farewell, never felt the story was long enough originally!

Last edited:

Shadowmoo

Prophet of the Eldritch ones.
Registered
Reaction score
I play World of Warcraft when bored. I mostly play Tauren Blood DK (hence the name). I am trying to get into the new Zero Escape game but keep putting it off.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
King's Quest Collection (the modern chapters one). I love King's Quest stuff. :)

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Forza Horizon 3 on the Xbox One S. I love it.

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought Renowned Explorers. It's a hoot. After choosing a group you set off to explore various areas and aim to raise your resolve enough to beat the guy who's currently top of the tree. The battles are turn based and, at times pretty darn funny. I suppose a lot depends on your sense of humour, but I'm having great fun with this. It's truly chuckle butty.

Writes-With-Wolves

Registered
Reaction score
Wayyyyyy too much Mass Effect Andromeda for me. Which is kind of sad, because at it's core, the game is kind of meh. Lots of story to be found in your squadmates' personalities though.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
My BF, our mutual friend, and I beat Dark Souls yesterday!!

Yay! Now for the Prepare to Die edition, if you haven't done that already. Praise the Sun!

As for me, I play a lot of Warframe. Free on Steam, XBone, and PS4; you're an overpowered space ninja with superpowers. Here is a sword - go kill things.

</shameless.plug.XD>

kneedeepinthedoomed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
spawnhost.wordpress.com
I started playing Mass Effect 2, again, because so many people say so many good things about it. Found I absolutely couldn't get into it. Again. It seems the game expects you to do exactly what you're told. I also dislike the entire cover-shooter gameplay. My impulse is to move while shooting and in this game, that gets you killed. It also seems to lack possibilities to explore and go off on your own. Feels very on rails.

Out of frustration, I started playing Bioshock (1) again. Despite its shortcomings, the game really hooked me and I was absorbed in it for days. One of the better videogames ever made. The underwater world of Rapture is still very beautiful and creepy and the player has so much freedom to explore and find interesting (and horrible) things.

I also played a lot of Company of Heroes, a strategy game. Nonexistent story but very solid gameplay mechanics.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Dank Souls, as my friends call it.

We take delight in Invading at the worst possible times, as the lag can get people killed quite easily.

Spooky

Registered
Reaction score
Rampaging through the mojave wasteland of New Vegas... it's not as heavy on the soul as blundering around the capital wasteland of fallout 3 was but it's still got a certain weight about the atmosphere. It pecks away at you, there's barrels of life around these parts in comparison which makes sense regarding where the destruction rained down in both areas. I've always been entranced by that part of the land and all the murky stuff the government does there so getting to roam a wasteland version is most pleasing. I am currently clearing some nightkin and ghouls from a rocket testing facility, I like the quizzical faces of the ghouls as you auto-target their crumpled, caved in craniums.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Shantae Half Genie Hero. Pretty good and still controls well like past Shantae games, though the monkey jumping platform levels felt more smooth in the second Shantae game. I also felt like the story was a little more disjointed (or just weird) and parts of some levels felt pretty easy or not very interesting/tedious (compared to the older Shantae games).

Overall, though, it still felt like a Shantae game, and it had lovely graphics, good gameplay, and has mermaids again! It's just a cute, fun game. :)

Last edited:

Spooky

Registered
Reaction score
Portal 2 is messing with my head, challenging but invigorating and leveling up my poképals in pokémon gold in the evenings.

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
until dawn!!! i just love games where your choices change the way the story goes. :0

cpatten

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, guys. I'm 75 Hours in to Persona 5 and I'm OBSESSED. Someone send help!

PS Makoto is best girl

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, guys. I'm 75 Hours in to Persona 5 and I'm OBSESSED. Someone send help!

PS Makoto is best girl

She does seem to be incredibly popular, and in a lot of the gaming communities, like GAF, she does seem to be the runaway winner of Waifu Wars. I think I'm a bit more partial to Anne, though. She showed a surprising amount of growth in her social link, and she also seemed to have a good head on her shoulders that wasn't too traumatized by the events of the game.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Think I hear Latina Bunny talking up Dark Souls, playing the third one right now and I never have a loved a game which treats me so badly! Enjoyed Dark Souls 2 quite a bit, though burned out at the end fighting some gross giant woman in a corpse dress. Three is pretty much perfection. Also, getting sucked back into Terraria, want to play Minecraft again but Notch and his toxic opinions have ruined it for me forever.

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser DLC.
Excuse me while I ball my eyes out! The ending is terribly sad :/ Especially those who romanced Solas.
Please tell me i'm not the only one on this thread distraught about the ending! Anyone else play Inquisition?