Last Game you have played...

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I want to do this one day but need to clear out the huge collection of games I've purchased and never touched over the years. I never entirely understood the controversy with the ending, either. I thought it was fantastic; probably one of the best game endings I'd experienced.

Oh man. This is me so bad. :(

Right now I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia. I wish it was the remake, but ah wells. XD With my boyfriend, we're playing Resident Evil 6. I'm doing a lot better than I did in RE5.

On the handheld, I'm playing Pokemon Y, which is the first Pokemon game I've ever played. Since I claimed to hate Pokemon, even after years of loving it, after my boyfriend gave me a Shiny Vulpix (who's always been my favorite), he got me to play. XD

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I just finished the Double Fine game Stacking. Cute and simple steampunk puzzle game involving matryoshka dolls.

Now I've got Mario & Luigi: Dream Team on the way and Majora's Mask 3DS at home waiting for a play. The hard part will be deciding which to do first.

mbuhmann

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcbuhmann.com
Right now I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I like to think I'm in the know on games but this one I hadn't heard of. Is it any good? While I have a PS3 I generally stick to PC games, and that's where I get into trouble with buying them. Stupid Steam sales. It's so easy to spend $20-$30 and get 3-4 games at a time. Then they sit and collect digital dust. Ah... one day, when I can retire from the day job, perhaps I'll actually get through them all.

John Ayliff

Registered
Reaction score
Website
johnayliff.com
Now the finished version is out I've been playing Kerbal Space Program. I'm telling myself it's research for getting orbital mechanics right in hard science fiction!

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Pokemon trading card game. Other than that, Minecraft. Then I do laundry.

While I was planting my IRL garden last week, the tiller stalled. I thought longingly of my Minecraft gardens... namely, how all I have to do to till is click a hoe against the ground and it is automatically tilled, and if that hoe breaks, it takes me all of two seconds to whip up a new one. I did eventually get the garden in, though.

As for gaming, I've been alternating between Castlevania and Earthbound.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been playing any games for ages (er, except Griddlers), and I needed something to pull me back in. I ended up playing Portal again - I knew I liked it, it was short, fun, so it seemed perfect. So glad I did. Playing Portal 2 now, which I haven't actually played before, though I've owned it for ages.

I messed up and hadn't cancelled my WoW subscription when I thought I did. I guess I might play some WoW at some point to make the money worth it -_-

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I like to think I'm in the know on games but this one I hadn't heard of. Is it any good? While I have a PS3 I generally stick to PC games, and that's where I get into trouble with buying them. Stupid Steam sales. It's so easy to spend $20-$30 and get 3-4 games at a time. Then they sit and collect digital dust. Ah... one day, when I can retire from the day job, perhaps I'll actually get through them all.

This depends on what you like. The original (which was what I was playing), was awful, but it's remake is on Steam!

I've been playing the sequel, MK2, which is soooooo much better!

mbuhmann

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcbuhmann.com
I haven't been playing any games for ages (er, except Griddlers), and I needed something to pull me back in. I ended up playing Portal again - I knew I liked it, it was short, fun, so it seemed perfect. So glad I did. Playing Portal 2 now, which I haven't actually played before, though I've owned it for ages.

Portal 2 is awesome and one of my absolute favorites. The writing is stellar and the puzzles well crafted. You won't be disappointed.

This depends on what you like. The original (which was what I was playing), was awful, but it's remake is on Steam!

Good to know. I'll check it out now. Thanks!

I just finished up episode 4 of Game of Thrones; I always enjoy Telltale's stuff. I also finished up episode 3 of Life is Strange, also fantastic. It's nice to see adventure games have evolved and making a worthy comeback.

Now I'm trying to focus on Witcher 3.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Every few months, I get hit by a lightning bolt and go: "I...must...replay...entire...Mass Effect...series..."
That particular lightning bolt has been tickling at the back of my brain for a few days.

Lately, I've been playing "State of Decay: Breakdown." We just re-bought it for the Xbox One, and I had never actually gotten through Breakdown.

Now, I'm remembering why...

Last edited:

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Just started Batman Arkham Origins. I know it got a lot of flack for not pushing the franchise forward, but so far I'm having a blast.

_city_

man why you even got to do a thing
Registered
Reaction score
Re-playing Witcher 2. Turns out I never did Iorveth's story line.

My list of reasons to buy next gen is getting bigger everyday but money is not one of them :cry:

lobo743

The Quirky Notebook
Registered
Reaction score
Just played the first Bioshock followed by Bioshock infinite in quick secession. Loved the world building in both of them so much that i think that I'm going to use them as inspiration for the setting of my book.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
EarthBound Beginnings on my Wii U! What a nice surprise it was when that announcement floated through my newsfeed just as I was heading to work. I grabbed it as soon as I got home.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Child of Light, which was very pretty. I enjoyed it, but I always enjoy fairy tales. Then I played Gone Home, which was lovely. I know I missed stuff too, so I might have to do a replay at some point. Trying to decide whether to go back to Pillars now or play The Last of Us.

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
last game i played was final fantasy 7. it's really fun when i'm not finding new and inventive ways of getting lost. walked past vincent like five times before i realized "oh hey, i'm supposed to go over there."

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
last game i played was final fantasy 7. it's really fun when i'm not finding new and inventive ways of getting lost. walked past vincent like five times before i realized "oh hey, i'm supposed to go over there."

You know, I've never finished Final Fantasy VII (or any JRPs ever), and I have multiple copies of it, including my old PC cd port version of it (which I still have to this day), lol.

JRPs are difficult for me to get past the start, for some reason. Might be the time-consuming battles, I guess, lol. And the turn-based nature of them. I grew up with action games, like Tomb Raider, and classic point-and-click adventure games. I'm also picky about story lines and JRPs storylines don't interest me (or allow me to select female characters or LGBT stuff like Bioware games, etc).

With Final Fantasy VII, I got lost and frustrated in a train yard or something like that. I hate being in battles and can't find an inn/healing spot when I need it, lol. I hate grinding, but if I don't, then the bosses would kill me.

I think the only two JRPgs I got far in (like 40+ hours in) are Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, and Pokemon. I liked that both had less specific character arcs and non-deep plots: it's all about dungeon crawling with no cheesy, forced romances on my character. I loved the freedom of open plots vs specific forced relationship plots and pre-made characterization. It's why I prefer Elder Scrolls games to Witcher, for example.

JTShadow56

The Sith Lord of Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently replaying Kingdom Hearts II as i continue to replay all of the Kingdom Hearts games to prepare for Kingdom Hearts III whenever it comes out

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I've started The Last of Us. It's been years since I played on any type of console, and oh my am I bad at movement. I'd gotten a bit better by the end of the playing session, but the 'aiming and shooting' thing was still eluding me badly >>

CJMockingbird

Registered
Reaction score
I just finished my run-through of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. I rather enjoyed it, but I spent my time mostly making the Angel/Seraphim line since I enjoy it so much (yes, Metatron was a royal pain). Next up on my list has been SMT 1 via my phone on emulator, but it's quite difficult. Oh, and I've been playing Digimon Adventure (untranslated, I can't read Japanese either) on my PSP. When I get a good connection I'm going to emulate w/patch on my PC. I'm looking forward to a ton of games coming out soon, though, namely Nier 2, KHIII, FFVII remake, South Park: FBWhole and Star Ocean 5. Just been a slow year lately. Last brand new game I bought was South Park SoT and even then I got it used.

AprilMay4

Registered
Reaction score
Making History: The Great War. My boyfriend and I have been playing it together. He is much more skilled than me so even though he's playing a weak country and I'm playing a powerful one, we are at a stalemate. I'm really bad at strategy games. Much better at more easygoing, interactive/creative games such as world of warcraft, CoD, or sims.

NeverSayDie

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Witcher 3. Ho-ly s**t. That game is an incredible piece of work. I used to think of Skyrim as the pinnacle of freeform sandbox RPGs, with the accompanying downsides of lightweight stories/characterisation and so-so graphics, and The Witcher 2 as the pinnacle of more traditional crafted RPGs with rich charactersiation and story-telling and great art/graphics, but a downside of more linearity. Somehow those crazy bastards managed to combine the two (though you're still definitely playing a specific character, not a blank slate of your own creation).

According to Steam, I put the best part of 200 hours into a single straight playthrough - no backtracking on saves or starting over. I've put more time than that into a handful of multi-player games, and similar time into Skyrim and a couple of other sandboxes over numerous playthroughs and general messing, but never anything like this for a single campaign pass. I'll leave the full reviews to more eloquent journalist types, but if you're even remotely interested in this game, or RPGs in general, go for it.
(If you're worried about it needing too much time, don't; that crazy hour count was for a very thorough playthrough - which the game lends itself to - a more straightforward bash at the main story and some side quests would probably take a lot less).