Now that they've taken the guns...

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
that's interesting. where I went to school, teachers didn't follow you into the bathroom.

Then you probably didn't live in a inner city neighborhood where they were afraid that there might be fights, gang bangs, drug sales or the birth of a child. Our elementary school back in the good old days was K-8 and some of the 8th graders, third or fourth time around, were six feet tall and 17 years old.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
My invention will prevent people being strangled.

designer-leather-spiked-collar-custom-padded_LRG.JPG

Bondage gear?

I like where you're going with this.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
I think Chris Rock had the best gun control solution. Don't outlaw anything, just jack the price of ammo up to $5000 / round. "I'm gonna go get a night job and come back in a couple of months and kill your ass."

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, those stabless knives still leave room for slashing. I propose stabless and slashless knives.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Then you probably didn't live in a inner city neighborhood where they were afraid that there might be fights, gang bangs, drug sales or the birth of a child. Our elementary school back in the good old days was K-8 and some of the 8th graders, third or fourth time around, were six feet tall and 17 years old.

You got me. Like the vast majority of Americans, I did not grow up in the inner city.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Well, at the very least -- you got a good hand-washing lesson plan. :)

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
No one can expect to prevent all murders. These knives seem like a better invention for kids and elderly, as mentioned.

Regarding the Tube example, what is the likelihood that the suicide bombers would have used guns, had guns been legal?

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Somebody beat you to the punch...they're called spoons.

Only liberals use spoons. I eat with an axe. I put the "bowl" over my head and hack hunks off of anything that smells like food.
That's what they taught me in country school. Then I wash my hands and do my algebra.

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Only liberals use spoons. I eat with an axe. I put the "bowl" over my head and hack hunks off of anything that smells like food.
That's what they taught me in country school. Then I wash my hands and do my algebra.

Kirk Douglas, on board the Nautilus, eating with a knife...

NEMO: "Would you like a fork?"

Douglas: "For what?"

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Eating with axes sounds dangerous, Higgins. Like you'd end up with cuts in places you might need later. ;) Very manly.

Kirk Douglas, on board the Nautilus, eating with a knife...

NEMO: "Would you like a fork?"

Douglas: "For what?"

Hmmm. On a submarine, you had best follow standard nautical procedure and eat with a very small, spoonlike axe.

Somehow this all is starting to seem very 3rd grade educational.

Bumper McGee was as big as a tree
And yet you see when he went to sea
He ate with a Spoon a Spoon a Spoon
At Sea-ye he ate with a Spoon.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Knives don't kill people. Chefs kill people.

Guns don't kill people, rappers do, I seen it a documentary on BBC 2

Step away from the stereo, put the rap album down.

As for the knives, I work in a builders centre. We sell knives, axes, sledgehammers etc and people have to prove their age before they can buy. Who said violence was age related?

And though I might sell chainsaws, Head Office says I can't use a box cutter in case I cut myself. So we cheerfully ignore them and use a stanley knife :D

Can't see this knife idea flying tbh

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hmmm. On a submarine, you had best follow standard nautical procedure and eat with a very small, spoonlike axe.

Somehow this all is starting to seem very 3rd grade educational.

Bumper McGee was as big as a tree
And yet you see when he went to sea
He ate with a Spoon a Spoon a Spoon
At Sea-ye he ate with a Spoon.

Nautical Spork?

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score

What kind of high fallutin' country school did you go to that had bowls?

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
What kind of high fallutin' country school did you go to that had bowls?

There was only one bowl for the whole county. On "Bowl Day" we would all go down and meet the "Bowl Bus" down at the seep. Using algebra only the most clever algebraists would have a shot at being the Bowl King or the Bowlerator or Miss Bowl or Queen Bowl or the Big Bowl. The losers (and there were hundreds) would spend the rest of the day getting the bus out of the bog below the seep. The few, the lucky few (I still see them in my dreams -- standing forth with the bowl and a shining gaze looking over the dream camera at the promise of a future we have now long out-lived) would get to use the bowl while eating with an axe. The rest might get a few pieces of straw an a simple stone to wipe up the gruel that was sprayed on them from the back of the government gruel truck and then back to the bog for more hand washing and algebra.

Last edited:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
And when were doctors considered the experts on crime legislation?
It happened in recent years when US pediatricians started asking kids if there's a gun in the house.
A partial list of other things that can puncture human flesh as easily as a knife:

Pen
Pencil
Coat Hanger
Screwdriver
Pie spatula
Meat thermometer
Arrow
Sharpened stick
How could you forget the ubiquitous weapon of Crime Fiction, the letter opener?
I've got a radical idea. How about instead of limiting the tools we use, we expect our schools to teach respect for each other and for the tools that intelligent minds have created? Wouldn't that be a novel approach?
Respect was what I was supposed to give to my mother. My mother said so.

Teachers can say or "teach" anything, but I had the same parents throughout school.

* makes more notes for memoir *
They can't even teach algebra, Don. How the hell do you expect them to teach morality?

That little respect each other thing is where too many educators fall down; I substitute taught this past school year and most of the kids actually liked me. The reason was that I treat them like fellow human beings and give them respect. One of my best moments was when a young student (high school) told me that she respected me because I respect students, adding that most teachers don't. Young people know and too often I saw students treated like felons or second class citizens simply because of their age.

So Britain bans automatics, and criminals kill people with semi-automatics. So Britain bans semi-automatics, and criminals kill people with hand guns. So Britain bans hand-guns, and criminals kill people with knives. So Britain bans knives, and criminals...
So whatever happened to al the automatics, semiautomatics and hand guns that made them undesirable to criminals in Britain? Did they search the house of every citizen criminal in the country and confiscate them all?
I think Chris Rock had the best gun control solution. Don't outlaw anything, just jack the price of ammo up to $5000 / round. "I'm gonna go get a night job and come back in a couple of months and kill your ass."
I can collect a few lead weights from car wheels off the side of the road, make some gunpowder and build my own bullets in less than two months. If I could sell them for $5,000 each, that's exactly what I'd do.

Don't tell Chris Rock.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I forgot that, and Sharon Stone's weapon of choice, the ice-pick.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So whatever happened to al the automatics, semiautomatics and hand guns that made them undesirable to criminals in Britain? Did they search the house of every citizen criminal in the country and confiscate them all?

Yes. They find a gun on you, they take it and talk about the license ( or lack of one) later. Because even with a license you can't walk around with one.

So it's easy to tell the criminal. If someone has a gun outside a gun club or their house = criminal. Makes 'em easy to spot. People have been shot by the police just because they looked like they had a gun.