ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
By definition a humanitarian is not motivated by money, so doctors are not humanitarians. This is not to say that doctors don't care about the well being of their patients, but is to say, that financial considerations are a part of every patients treatment thereby excluding doctors from the ranks of noble humanitarians who do not seek financial reward in pursuing and defining their efforts.

humanitarian: a person promoting human welfare and social reform : philanthropist -- From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humanitarian

I don't see where the definition of humanitarian disallows a person based on their motivations. In fact, if you follow the synonym of philanthropy, you'll find that philanthropists distribute money for humanitarian projects. Where do you suppose that money comes from, if people with money can't be philanthropists?

Doctors are human beings. They have bills, debts, families, just like everyone else, and it's preposterous for you to declare that their need to earn an income makes them somehow anti-humanitarian.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
The reason hospitals and doctors hire the services of administrators is to act as buffer and repellent to those who can not afford heath care, I think we sometimes forget that it is in fact doctors who instruct administrators to deny treatment to patients for lack of payment. That little Hippocratic oath plays hell with doctors acknowledging that they don't want to treat indigent patients. So we blame insurance companies, hospitals, and others while doctors skate, but the truth is that many if not all of these institutions are ran or at least in serious consultation with the very doctors we all look to as shining knights only interested in our well being... Ah the Bullshit never stops....

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
humanitarian: a person promoting human welfare and social reform : philanthropist -- From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humanitarian

I don't see where the definition of humanitarian disallows a person based on their motivations. In fact, if you follow the synonym of philanthropy, you'll find that philanthropists distribute money for humanitarian projects. Where do you suppose that money comes from, if people with money can't be philanthropists?

Doctors are human beings. They have bills, debts, families, just like everyone else, and it's preposterous for you to declare that their need to earn an income makes them somehow anti-humanitarian.

Not to belabor this D... but you just made up your own definition, come on now, if I follow the synonym of philanthropy?????????

Well, if i pay a whore, isn't that promoting good will toward my fellow man, huh!!!!!!!!!!!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
The reason hospitals and doctors hire the services of administrators is to act as buffer and repellent to those who can not afford heath care, I think we sometimes forget that it is in fact doctors who instruct administrators to deny treatment to patients for lack of payment. That little Hippocratic oath plays hell with doctors acknowledging that they don't want to treat indigent patients. So we blame insurance companies, hospitals, and others while doctors skate, but the truth is that many if not all of these institutions are ran or at least in serious consultation with the very doctors we all look to as shining knights only interested in our well being... Ah the Bullshit never stops....

Sure sounds like it. You're a lot like BoP in that aspect. Require the world to see your shades of gray, demand they acknowledge your black and whites.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Not to belabor this D... but you just made up your own definition, come on now, if I follow the synonym of philanthropy?????????

Well, if i pay a whore, isn't that promoting good will toward my fellow man, huh!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't that hard, Don.

philanthropist: : one who practices philanthropy

philanthropy:
1: goodwill to fellowmen ; especially : active effort to promote human welfare
2 a: a philanthropic act or gift b: an organization distributing or supported by philanthropic funds

philanthropic:
1 : of, relating to, or characterized by philanthropy : humanitarian
2 : dispensing or receiving aid from funds set aside for humanitarian purposes

So again... Humanitarians are synonymous with philanthropists. Philanthropists help distribute funds set aside for humanitarian purposes.

Who sets that money aside? People with money. Like Doctors.

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
You can worship your doctor as a God for all I care, the fact remains that doctors make money, need to make money, and there is nothing wrong with them making money, but to equate doctors as humanitarians is wrong. They are in a business, and spent years and thousands of dollars to achieve their status as a physician. They make business decisions based on a bottom line and guess what? Sometimes that means a sick patient with no insurance or means has to go to county to get fixed or suffer with their predicament, THATS NOT EVEN IN YOUR DEFINITION OF HUMANITARIAN..

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You can worship your doctor as a God for all I care, the fact remains that doctors make money, need to make money, and there is nothing wrong with them making money, but to equate doctors as humanitarians is wrong. They are in a business, and spent years and thousands of dollars to achieve their status as a physician. They make business decisions based on a bottom line and guess what? Sometimes that means a sick patient with no insurance or means has to go to county to get fixed or suffer with their predicament, THATS NOT EVEN IN YOUR DEFINITION OF HUMANITARIAN..

Jesus. Maybe switch to decaf, buddy.

All I said was that liking money or needing to make money did not disqualify someone from being a humanitarian. You're the only one who suggested an absolute (mocking that all doctors were humanitarians).

Taking anything to the extreme always ends up in an absurd result.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
This is exactly why the only news I trust I get from that guy with all the bumper stickers and the Xerox copied broadsheets, out in front of the Farmer's Market every Saturday.
You've actually met robovowels? :D
I guess they're all afraid they won't get invited to the White House press dinners...

Hasn't anybody figured out how to clone Helen Thomas?
This ProleFeed TV spot (4:02, YouTube) does a great job of exploring that issue. Highly recommended! The link is to a blog entry where you can read the transcript or view the video.
Intro said:
Journalists once held a revered position in the public discourse, scrutinizing politicians, tracking down corruption, waste, folly, cronyism, and ineptitude, exposing them all with a relentless, inspired dedication.

Such scrutiny was a problem that we had to solve, because nothing is more dangerous than a nosy reporter.

The downfall of Richard Nixon taught us one very important thing: do not make enemies of the press.

That is precisely how NOT to handle jounalists. Richard Nixon’s contempt for the press was his undoing. If only he had befriended Woodward and Bernstein, given them a taste of the good life, made them feel like one of the club.
Yea, I think (well, admittedly after hearing Jamie Dupree and Neal Boortz discuss this) the Drudge headline is just a little bit over the top, but that ABC logo is a nice touch, it looks a whole lot like the new GM logo I've seen as someone's avatar.
You mean my GM "Tombstone" Logo? Something I whipped up in Gimp. :)
2737962880100527759S500x500Q85.jpg