• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Westwood Creative Artists, Ltd.

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
Hi Guys,

I am trying to find information about agents at this agency http://www.wcaltd.com/, specifically those who represent YA fiction. I have searched all the regular sites, but to no avail. If any of you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sure they’re legit. It’s just, I’m having a heck of a time finding specifics about what each particular agent represents.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
Thanks, I missed those somehow. I can see that John Pearce and Jacqueline Kaiser
both handle YA. But I am still stuck as to their submission guidelines. Has anyone worked with either of these agents? has anyone submitted to either of them?

Thanks again for your help

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I clicked the lists but the names mean nothing to me. I agree with the OP that their site is horrificly hard to find any information on.

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Westwood Creative Artists

I just read on Agent Query that Westwood Creative Artists had stopped accepting new queries as of last Spring. Does anyone know if that's changed?

I'm interested in subbing to Linda McKnight, but there's no point if it won't be read.

Thanks!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Hilary McMahon was part of the publishing panel at the conference I attended yesterday. I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but took a chance and sent a query anyway.

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
Hi, I'm sorry I forgot to post this here! I did somewhere else. :( Westwood only accepts Canadian authors. Good luck, Chumplet!

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Just popping in to say I received a kind rejection from Hilary this morning. She said, "It's quite an intriguing story and you do a great job of hooking the reader, but I didn't fall in love with the writing style." She wished me luck, etc. All in all, not a bad rejection.

Not sure what she means by my writing style - too purple? Too sentimental? Hopefully, it will resonate with the other two agents who have my full.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They agented Life of Pi. </trivia for Oscar buffs>

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Queried Carolyn Forde in February with ten sample pages for my literary YA. Got a form rejection from THE WHOLE EDITORIAL TEAM. "Although it seems very promising, your manuscript didn’t resonate with our agents in the necessary way."

Okay. Moving on.