South Africa, 2010

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Well England to win by one goal. I expect some controversial circumstances.

Oh and John Terry to score first. (25/1 outsider)
How bout that for a prediction, huh?

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Oh and John Terry to score first. (25/1 outsider)
How bout that for a prediction, huh?

Sadly inaccurate :(

ETA: bloody hell, that was close to getting one back
EETA: yay! Now another four or so and we can be happy :D - wait we scored again!Wait disallowed (it was a goal though, on the replay)

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So when do we get a riot?

Won't be long by the sound of the booing. It wasn't even a close call on that goal, it was pretty obviously over the line.

Why doesn't football use videolink refs like in rugby?

At least our guys are playing better.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
My match predictions:

England to lose by one goal
England fans to reenact sacking of Bloemfontein
Mick Jagger to be crowned first King of the Free Free State
His first decree: a concentration camp to be built to house 'displaced' football officials

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, what a massacre. Can't wait to read the tabloid response, it's going to be hilarious.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Heh. I'm watching this with my son. he's been wearing a German scarf all day and has hung a German flag from our window -- in Eastbourne! Better take it in soon before the yobs go past.
I feel sorry for the English team. I can't judge but In understand they are playing well.
But; well. We're German!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Priene the psychic would-be-writer predicts a Germany win against England. We're shit, and we haven't knocked a top side out of any major tournament since 1966. I have an abysmal records for such things, mainly because I usually let my heart rule the head. Not this time, though.

Wow. So shit in so many dimensions. Shit team. Shit tactics. Shit defence. Shit midfield. Shit attackers. Shit substitutions. Shit manager. Shit officials. The Uruguayan linesman was so bad he was almost fit to play in England's back four. Hartlepool United and York City play in a more organised manner than our golden generation.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Wow. So shit in so many dimensions. Shit team. Shit tactics. Shit defence. Shit midfield. Shit attackers. Shit substitutions. Shit manager. Shit officials. The Uruguayan linesman was so bad he was almost fit to play in England's back four. Hartlepool United and York City play in a more organised manner than our golden generation.
Don't be bitter. It could be worse. You could be French. ;)

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk

Yup. Paul the psychic octopus musta seen the group games, because we've been shit from the start.

Don't make me smack you

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
I had to follow the England/Germany game via someone's live blog. Just not the same. Gearing up now for Mexico vs. Argentina. Go Mexico!!!!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score

Hey, I'm long beyond bitter. I've had forty years of this garbage: handballing foreigners, blind linesmen, crapulous goalies, wife-slapping wonderkids, thuggish, self-adoring superstars, petulant midfielders, wobbly-kneed penalty takers. Seen it all. Now including (and this is a first in any football match I've ever watched) a sequence that goes goalkick-bounce-bounce-nudge-back of the net. That may actually be the most pathetic piece of defending there has even been. Worse than even Phil Neville ever managed.

Headdesk. Facepalm. Exits to sound of mild sobbing.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. There's defeats and there's defeats. Ouch again.

Yep. We just got mullered by the Germans in the World Cup. I've been trying to think of a worse England performance, but I'm coming up blank. Even Steve McLaren's Croatia fiasco was better. Or Graham Taylor's Swedes 2 Turnips 0 fiasco. It was horrible, pathetic and embarrassing. And watching it in a room full of Germans didn't make it any more pleasant.