Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
But the king of fabrications is Rivaldo, and he's Brazilian.

I beg to differ

the greatest single exposition of the craft, which was performed in 1989 by the Chile goalkeeper Roberto Rojas during a World Cup qualifier match with Brazil. Faced with certain defeat and elimination from the World Cup, Rojas hit on a brilliant scheme - forcing the match to be abandoned. When a firework thrown from the crowd landed in his penalty area Rojas hurled himself down, took a razor blade out of his glove and slashed open his scalp. Carried off on a stretcher while his team-mates created a riot, his plan seemed to have worked when the game was stopped. Sadly his antics had been caught on camera

Here he is, doing an oscar. A razor in his glove? He musta been a boy scout, cos that's going prepared.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
7-0. Ouch.

I was rooting for North Korea. To receive such a beating after losing only 2-1 to Brasil is harsh.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I am loving this game. South Africa are roasting the cheating french and giving them a big hand out of the competition. :D

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Domenech just proved how much of a **** he is. How could you refuse to at least shake the hand of the other coach?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Domenech just proved how much of a **** he is. How could you refuse to at least shake the hand of the other coach?
Yeah. That was just a super display* on the part of the French coach. France would do well to deny him reentry into the country.

* Sarcasm so thick and heavy, it could be Scottish food

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Out of three games, Mexico tied one, won one, and lost one. Just like 4 years ago. Even so, it classified to the next round, just like 4 years ago. And now it's going against Argentina... just like 4 years ago. When we lost. :(

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I don't think things could have possibly gone better for Argentina than they did. They breezed through group, rested players (Messi can run all day and all night, and is probably better off not resting), gotten bench players involved (including a goal from 37 year old Palermo), and generally had a lot of fun, while really growing as a team.

Of course, you never know, but I don't think Mexico will be the favorite...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yahooo!!!!

*koff*

Sorry. US 1 - 0 in overtime, or whatever they call the time tacked onto the end.

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I give a lot of credit to the Algerian goalie. He had a couple of great saves

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Okay, okay. The USA goal stands. But FIFA has arbitrarily awarded Algeria a goal in the game for "unspecified reasons." It's now a draw.

What?

Hmm can't see it reported anywhere, and the Fifa website still gives it as a US win.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the US and to England for two narrow wins. Boy did the yanks leave it late though. :partyguy: