The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Amber Books Publishing

practical experience, FTW

Amber Books Publishing

I just spoke to a gentleman who swears by a publishing company called Amber Books [ www.amberbooks.com ]. Does anyone have knowledge of them? My viewing of the page led me to believe that they're a primarily African American based company, specializing in publishing books by African American authors. What say you?

I'm super! Thanks for asking Siddow's Avatar
    From the About Us page:

Amber Books Publishing, the corporation's first imprint, was founded in 1998 and soon became established as the nation’s largest African-American publisher of self-help, career-guide and commercial/pop book titles written by and for African Americans.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.--
    Reggie Leach

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Banned
    They appear to be one of three imprints of Amber Communications Group who is distributed by IPG, so it would appear they have distribution. The way their online store is configured, it's impossible to tell their frontlist from their backlist since they're all piled in together. I couldn't find anything more current than 2005 but, admittadly, I didn't check on every single title either. Their new products link took me to some new books, but they weren't listed with iPage. Can't tell you anything else than that.

practical experience, FTW
    Thanks. I couldn't tell if they're a small press traditional publisher [?] or a POD. I plan to take them up on thier offer of a free consultation. I'll post what I glean from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless1 View Post
    They appear to be one of three imprints of Amber Communications Group who is distributed by IPG, so it would appear they have distribution. The way their online store is configured, it's impossible to tell their frontlist from their backlist since they're all piled in together. I couldn't find anything more current than 2005 but, admittadly, I didn't check on every single title either. Their new products link took me to some new books, but they weren't listed with iPage. Can't tell you anything else than that.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Their self-publishing services division, Quality Press: http://www.qualitypress.info/?id=2
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

the world is at my command jennontheisland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomie View Post
    T I plan to take them up on thier offer of a free consultation. I'll post what I glean from it.
    What do they offer "consultation" on?
    You are more than welcome to take anything I say personally, whether it was intended that way or not.

Eat This.