Status
Not open for further replies.

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
If an agent, or editor, requests a partial, what else should be included? I looked about the forum for something on this, but it eludes me. I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong area.

I assumed a cover letter and the amount of pages they requested

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If an agent, or editor, requests a partial, what else should be included? I looked about the forum for something on this, but it eludes me. I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong area.

I assumed a cover letter and the amount of pages they requested

I just sent a brief cover letter saying essentially "As you requested..." here are the pages and a reminder that it wasn't an exclusive submission, the requested pages and a SASE for their return (if by mail, which I assume this is since you mentioned cover letter). You could also include a copy of the request.

But make sure you put "Requested Materials" or it's equivalent conspicuously on the outside of the envelope.

good luck.

~suki

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing thast you should include the original query letter.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
If you can, keep the email chain in tact on e-submissions. "Reply" with the requested material, only change the subject line to REQUESTED MANUSCRIPT. This way the agent/assistant can easily track the request and see the original query.

Status
Not open for further replies.