Hi from Atlanta

selestiele

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noellepierce.weebly.com
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to all this. Three weeks ago I was a college professor working on my doctorate and the only thing I was interested writing was my dissertation. Then, two and a half weeks ago, I got an idea for a story in my head and it wouldn't leave. When I told my husband the story idea, he strongly encouraged me to go with it (even though we were on vacation...he bought me a notebook so I could start jotting notes down) and I've now typed several chapters and almost 40 pages (it took me 4 years to get that many pages for my dissertation!). While I admit it still needs a lot of work, I'm really enjoying the process. In case you're wondering, it's a historical romance, set in the Regency era.

I don't know if I will pursue writing as a career, but it's fun to write something other than technical, research-oriented papers, which I've been doing for 15 years in college and grad school. It's time I let my imagination run wild!

I look forward to talking with you all more.

Noelle

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the group.

cherylf

creepy
Registered
Reaction score
we're neighbors!

Hi Noelle!

I'm also a newbie from Augusta, GA. We are neighbors, I frequent ATL quite abit.

Cheryl

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score