• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Siren Publishing / Rapture Publishing / BookStrand

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you... I am so excited... can't wait to get started. Any advice for a newbie like me? This is my first ms and I literally no nada about the biz...Just love to write....:roll:

I'm still a newb, too, since I only started submitting my mss in May, so I'm still learning as well.

Siren will send you links and instructions for joining the Yahoo group for Siren authors (it's mandatory, since this is how they share announcements and important info with their authors). Join it, read it, absorb the information therein. Ask questions. The Siren authors are a wonderful group and are very open about what works and what doesn't.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Thanks...

I'm still a newb, too, since I only started submitting my mss in May, so I'm still learning as well.

Siren will send you links and instructions for joining the Yahoo group for Siren authors (it's mandatory, since this is how they share announcements and important info with their authors). Join it, read it, absorb the information therein. Ask questions. The Siren authors are a wonderful group and are very open about what works and what doesn't.

Thanks Beachgirl. I received my cover questionaire and completed that. Can't wait to see the finished product. When I receive the links for the yahoo group I will follow your advice. See ya there.... (By the way, I'm in Florida too...):Sun:

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I was just curious--does the BookStrand name in this thread title have any relation to the e-book store with the same name? I'm confused. Any help?

tri

Yes, it's the same. BookStrand is owned by Siren Publishing and is Siren's online e-book store. All Siren books are offered first exclusively at BookStrand for several weeks before being released to Amazon, etc. Other publiher's books are also offered at BookStrand, but the Siren books get an extra advertizing boost.

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Thank you for the advice...no need to follow up. Just got an offer from Siren. Literally minutes ago. Still pinching myself. When I calm down I will be emailing to accept. :D

Congrats! I echo what everyone says about Siren, they're fantastic. In fact I'm leaving Thursday morning for Dallas for their first "The Romance Convention." It's going to be a blast! :)

Oh, and I'm in Florida, too. LOL A lot of us Sirenistas in Florida. :)

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Congrats! I echo what everyone says about Siren, they're fantastic. In fact I'm leaving Thursday morning for Dallas for their first "The Romance Convention." It's going to be a blast! :)

Have a great time in Dallas. Soak up all that info and fun for me too. Maybe we should create a group of Siren authors in Florida...If we are not too far we can have play dates?(lmao). I just love writers. They are the most genuine and fun people I know. Much success to everyone who has the guts to create the stories that make us look forward to cracking open a new book.....You are tops!:e2cheer:

madmumbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Have a great time in Dallas. Soak up all that info and fun for me too. Maybe we should create a group of Siren authors in Florida...If we are not too far we can have play dates?(lmao). I just love writers. They are the most genuine and fun people I know. Much success to everyone who has the guts to create the stories that make us look forward to cracking open a new book.....You are tops!:e2cheer:

Cherrie, send me an email at [email protected] I'm working on a blog for Florida Sirenistas.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score

Have a great time in Dallas, Tymber! I'm originally from there and was really hoping to make it for the convention, but the day job got in the way.

Oooo...you got my 500th post. You're one lucky Sirenista! ;)

madmumbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
Have a great time in Dallas, Tymber! I'm originally from there and was really hoping to make it for the convention, but the day job got in the way.

Oooo...you got my 500th post. You're one lucky Sirenista! ;)

LOL I'm honored! :) Too bad you can't join us. You can follow the action through Twitter hashtag #TRC2012 and my handle is @madmumbler

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Hi Everyone...Hope all is well. I have a question for siren authors. I received my offer letter from siren 6 weeks ago. The cover questionaire came by the end of the week. I am slated for an Oct release date...however, I haven't received my contract. Should I follow up with Siren? Since this is my first book, I'm inexperienced with publishing houses. Any advice?

madmumbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com
First of all, congrats! :)

It's been my experience that they send contracts out at the very end/very beginning of the month. That's when I usually get mine, that week overlapping the end/beginning of the month. Sometimes a couple of days before the end, sometimes a couple of days after the 1st. They most likely do them in batches. But you can email them and ask.

HTH,
Tymber.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
First of all, congrats! :)

It's been my experience that they send contracts out at the very end/very beginning of the month. That's when I usually get mine, that week overlapping the end/beginning of the month. Sometimes a couple of days before the end, sometimes a couple of days after the 1st. They most likely do them in batches. But you can email them and ask.

HTH,
Tymber.

Thank you Tymber. Good to know. Hope you had a blast a the convention.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone...Hope all is well. I have a question for siren authors. I received my offer letter from siren 6 weeks ago. The cover questionaire came by the end of the week. I am slated for an Oct release date...however, I haven't received my contract. Should I follow up with Siren? Since this is my first book, I'm inexperienced with publishing houses. Any advice?

When is your release date in October? I just got my contract Tuesday for my book coming out the first week of October.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
When is your release date in October? I just got my contract Tuesday for my book coming out the first week of October.

It's on the schedule for third week in Oct. I just wasn't sure if I should follow up.:Shrug: I know they are very organized. I want to market the book on my end, but didn't want to jump ahead. Thanks. By the way...great news beach girl...you are getting it done!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I think they only do print books for 45K and up, from what I remember. That may have changed since I submitted last.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I think they only do print books for 45K and up, from what I remember. That may have changed since I submitted last.

They will print for 40k and up, but can print smaller works if ebook sales warrant it. Also, they will do POD at any length.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Hi Everyone,

It's here...My very first cover. I feel like a real jerk but there were a few things I had to correct. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. What do you think? Any advice out there. The corrections had to do with the key on the cover and the haircolor of the heroine (Which is probably not such a big deal) I also asked for the font of the title to be changed. Think I overstepped?

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp7348%3A%3Enu%3D32%3B2%3E864%3E%3B%3C2%3EWSNRCG%3D3866388%3A%3B%3B337nu0mrj

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It's here...My very first cover. I feel like a real jerk but there were a few things I had to correct. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. What do you think? Any advice out there. The corrections had to do with the key on the cover and the haircolor of the heroine (Which is probably not such a big deal) I also asked for the font of the title to be changed. Think I overstepped?

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232fp7348:>nu=32;2>864>;<2>WSNRCG=3866388:;;337nu0mrj

Nice! And those sound like reasonable requests. Congrats!