• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Siren Publishing / Rapture Publishing / BookStrand

VanessaNorth

Purple hair, not prose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanessanorth.com
I have a sci-fi/shifter erotica romance (M/F with a HEA) that is about 30k in length. It can be read stand-alone, but it is intended to be the first of a 4 book series. Trying to decide who to submit to - this will be my first submission and I'm biting my fingernails over it. Would Siren be a good choice for this genre?

Yes, Siren would be a good choice.

Only reason I've never subbed to Siren is the whole exclusive sub. thing. With some publishers taking as long as 6+ months to get back on a submission, I just have never had anything available to sub that wasn't also out elsewhere.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Only reason I've never subbed to Siren is the whole exclusive sub. thing. With some publishers taking as long as 6+ months to get back on a submission, I just have never had anything available to sub that wasn't also out elsewhere.

The average waiting time for new authors with Siren is three weeks. Once you're signed with them it's two weeks or less.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks! I've read several of Siren's authors, but mainly the menage imprints. Since my first sub will be m/f, wasn't sure how well this line does for Siren.

The average waiting time for new authors with Siren is three weeks. Once you're signed with them it's two weeks or less.

That's head-spinning fast! Do their editors ever sleep??

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I have a sci-fi/shifter erotica romance (M/F with a HEA) that is about 30k in length. It can be read stand-alone, but it is intended to be the first of a 4 book series. Trying to decide who to submit to - this will be my first submission and I'm biting my fingernails over it. Would Siren be a good choice for this genre?

The best place to submit is to the publisher(s) whose books you read. Do you read and enjoy Siren's books? If not--and I honestly mean no offense--why would you submit to them?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's head-spinning fast! Do their editors ever sleep??

I've been nothing but pleased with their publishing process. They run like clockwork and whenever I've had to email them to ask a question about anything, I've always got a prompt reply.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I just hit the send button on my very first completed manuscript and submitted to Siren. I decided to go with them because a) I am not a patient person, b) After reading their info, Siren seems to fit well with my stories, and c) I am not a patient person (did I already mention that?).

Now all I have to do is sit back and bite my fingernails down to a bloody mess.

VanessaNorth

Purple hair, not prose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanessanorth.com
I just hit the send button on my very first completed manuscript and submitted to Siren. I decided to go with them because a) I am not a patient person, b) After reading their info, Siren seems to fit well with my stories, and c) I am not a patient person (did I already mention that?).

Now all I have to do is sit back and bite my fingernails down to a bloody mess.

Awesome! Good luck, and good job taking the plunge. I promise it gets easier with subsequent manuscripts. :)

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an offer from Siren-BookStrand for my first book - Dragon's Light:Runaway Heart - to be published in August 2012!

:hooray:

It only took a week for them to get back to me. I was expecting to bite my fingernails for at least another two weeks!

And now, back to writing the sequel...:e2writer:

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Congrats, Beachgirl!

The fastest I ever heard back from Siren was literally over the weekend. I subbed a novella on Friday and got an offer Monday. I heard someone -- was it Shameless? -- subbed in the morning and heard back that afternoon. Whoever it was, she was one of their better-known, best-selling authors, so that may have had something to do with it.

I've enjoyed my relationship with Siren. Their editors have made helpful suggestions, caught my errors and typos, and in general helped me make my books better. You're in for a definite treat.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was fast!

Congratulations Beachgirl :PartySmil

Thanks, DelicatePrincess!

Congrats, Beachgirl!

I've enjoyed my relationship with Siren. Their editors have made helpful suggestions, caught my errors and typos, and in general helped me make my books better. You're in for a definite treat.

That's really good to hear! Thanks!

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Just accepted an offer From Siren to publish Black Storm, the first book in my new Panther Key Series!

Siren has been fabulous to work with on my first book, Runaway Heart (Dragon's Light). They are very responsive and have a great group of authors to network with!

madmumbler

Self-declared Queen of Dark Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tymberdalton.com

Actually, I usually get replies from them in less than three working days, but then again, I'm now an exclusive author with them (under my Tymber Dalton pen name). They are very fast about responses to others, however.

Cheryl Mackie

Striving for greatness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cherriemack.com
Should I?

Hi everyone. I have a question. My submission with Siren is at the four week mark. It is a novel length ms and I don't know if I should email a submission follow up today. Don't want to be annoying, but since they do not take simultaneous subs I am anxious to move on if they are not interested. It seems they are usually great with their responses and I've checked and rechecked that my sub was correct. Any advice? Should I?

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Hi everyone. I have a question. My submission with Siren is at the four week mark. It is a novel length ms and I don't know if I should email a submission follow up today. Don't want to be annoying, but since they do not take simultaneous subs I am anxious to move on if they are not interested. It seems they are usually great with their responses and I've checked and rechecked that my sub was correct. Any advice? Should I?

They're wonderful to work with. If you didn't receive the automatic reply when you submitted, or you're at/past the four week guidelines on their website, an email follow-up is probably fine. :)

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score

I agree with Shameless. It would probably be fine to follow up. They really are super to work with.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice...no need to follow up. Just got an offer from Siren. Literally minutes ago. Still pinching myself. When I calm down I will be emailing to accept. :D

That's awesome news! Huge congratulations! I hope you enjoy working with them as much as I do!