New here too.

Dragonfly352006

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:
Just wanted to say hello. I am new here, but not to writing. I've been putting words to paper since I was a kid. Have always loved to make up new worlds for someone to explore because mine was so dull. Ya know, the typical kid growing up in rural Vermont. I have not been published, yet! I am in search of an agent. Thought I had one, but turned out to be a scam. Live and learn. I have navigated around this forum and found it quite informative. Thanks for all the good info out there for I am still green.

Stacey

jpgrace

Registered
Reaction score
Hello - This is your newest cooler mate: John Patrick Grace. I'm exec. editor of Publishers Place, Inc., a 501-c-3 not-for-profit publishing consortium, 945 4th Av. Bay 206 Huntington, WV 25701 See our site (now being revamped) at www.publishersplace.org Also the owner of Grace Associates, LLC, Editors & Publishers. Same address. We are in the process of folding the assets of G-A into Publishers Place.
We publish usually on author-subsidized basis but we are far, far, far from being "a vanity press." We put our authors through the proverbial hell n' high water before they can be published under one of our imprints. Sample books (check also on Amazon) Father's Troubles by Carter Taylor Seaton, To Love Mercy by Frank S. Joseph. We also develop and pitch books to traditional publishers. See The Inner Game of Entrepreneuring by Ronald E. Guzik, The Pretenders: Gifted People who Have Difficulty Learning by Barbara P. Guyer, and White Witchdoctor by John A. Hunt, M.D. We also publish anthologies of poetry from West Virginia poets, and soon we hope, anthologies in other genres. On the art/gift side see: Cat Book, Dog Book, and Saving Magic Places by Emily Eve Weinstein. Thanks for letting me be part of the forum. J.P. Grace

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Stacey. Welcome. I'm still a little green around the edges too, but I think it was just my lunch. :welcome:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There's an entire section devoted to rooting out the scam artists. Bewares and Background Check will keep you from getting ripped off again.

Best of luck with the writing.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Dragonfly352006

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Everyone is so welcoming here. Thanks for the warm reception everyone. I think I'm gonna like it here.

storylady

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome I am also new to this although I have been writing since i was very young. You will love it here