• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Lynn C. Franklin Associates / Franklin & Siegal

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She seemed really nice, she was very enthusiastic about my project and requested the full manuscript. I was wondering if she is as good as she seems and how long it usually takes before hearing back from her. I posted some of my project on these boards and since have done a huge amount of revamping, so I'm really hoping she likes it. She was my favorite of the three agents I pitched to. thanx for any info

I thought she had left agenting when she left Andrea Brown in 2008, so I used the search function too look around and found this thread:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114669&highlight=Michelle+Andelman&page=2

You might want to read it (it's not long) and then you'll find a link to her new agency, assuming she's still there.

good luck.

~suki

wandergirl

~kirsten hubbard
Registered
Reaction score
Just found this thread. Michelle Andelman is my agent (we signed in May) and I completely adore her. She's partial towards YA on the more literary side of the spectrum, if that helps anyone :)

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if she's a no response if she's not interested agent?

charlys

new author
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if she's a no response if she's not interested agent?
I don't know if she is a no-response agent or not. I sent her a query with first 10 pages end of 9/09 and have heard nothing. Anybody else hear anything?

dotsoec1

Registered
Reaction score
Michelle is AMAZINGLY professional and very detailed with her feedback. I e-queried her on 9/26, but did not hear back from her. I found this odd because I previously e-queried her in April and received a request for a full 9 days later. So...I re-queried her on 10/29 and she followed up within a few hours, explaining she was out of the office for a bit attending a book fair and a brief vacation. She requested my full the same day. While she rejected my full submission in May, she replied with the BEST feedback I've ever received from an agent. The turn-around time was very good as well (June). Michelle definitely takes her job very seriously and really immerses herself into your writing and the characters. She's great and I'm hoping I'll hear positive things from her soon--as in an offer of represenation. Good luck to all of you as well!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried her last Wednesday and I haven't heard anything... I hear she responds pretty quickly so I should probably put her in the 'no' column pretty soon.

Evvie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dormroomdreamer.blogspot.com
Hey guys,

So to what address have you been e-querying her because last May she requested to see some of my stuff after meeting her at a conference and her email NEVER worked. It just kept bouncing back. I tried it from multiple accounts, triple-checked the email and everything...

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
I have a partial out with Ms. Janczuk right now. She is quite approachable and honest. She was a participant in WriteOnCon for the last two years.

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
Her (Weronika) response time is 3-4 weeks. I received an R on the partial but with some VERY helpful comments. I will definitely query her in the future because she is quite the classy gal. :) V. nice. Though everyone should know she has moved to a system of "no response" means "no" because she is inundated with queries.

graywillow

Start with a bang.
Registered
Reaction score
She does have an automated response, though, and says to re-query if you don't receive it in 36 hours.

lyrwriter

A Fuzzy Mango With Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fuzzymango.wordpress.com
Weronika has my full right now. She replied to me SO quickly after my initial query and after I sent her the partial (like, less than a day for each one), but I haven't heard anything since I sent the full. At any rate, I'm looking forward to hearing back from her (an offer of rep would of course be awesome, but I'd also appreciate an R&R or a rejection with crit)!

jeffo20

Tyrant King
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doubtingwriter.blogspot.com
I sent a query to Weronika on 4-6; received a response on the seventh stating she would no longer send out rejections. She pledges to read all queries within 9 weeks of receipt, but 'No word' now means 'No.'

Last edited:

lyrwriter

A Fuzzy Mango With Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fuzzymango.wordpress.com
Personalized rejection on the full yesterday, but Weronika's comments were so nice that it doesn't feel like a rejection at all! She didn't even have critique to offer: basically, she thinks it has all the right stuff and was great fun, but she didn't love it so much it hurts, which is what she needs in order to offer rep. She also said she'd be very happy to look at any future manuscripts.

I know I ought to be disappointed...but I'm just so pleased. :D