The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Credo Communications / Credo House Publishers

[Agency] Credo Communications / Credo House Publishers

Does anybody know more about this agency? They're a strictly Christian agency and David Sanford with them now. (He was the founder of Sanford Comm. Inc). http://www.credocommunications.net/index.php
    This should take you to their website.
    Just wondering if anybody knows some more about them. I'm a little bit curious.
    Thanks!!!
    Lord... I need an AGENT!

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants Juneluv12's Avatar
    Hey Leigh,

I know we're in the same Christian ball game together, so here's my story with them.

I got a request the same day(5/18) for a propsal from Rebekah Clark for my YA. I sent it off a day or so later. Monday night I got an email from her saying she loved what she'd read, and she was going to show it to her boss, but everything looked solid. I tried to hold off on the happy dance.

Tuesday night she emailed me a sample of Credo's proposal for me to begin working on. Another colleague said I had a lot of potential...still waiting on the boss.

Wednesday morning she emailed me back and told me to hold off on the proposal b/c the boss had said no. He'd tried representing a book with angels and had gotten a no from 15 Christian and secular publishers. He said the industry was interested in dark angels, not angels doing good(amazing they managed to make a whole tv. show about it a couple of years ago isn't it?!!!)

So, yeah, that's my .02 with them!!!!

JtBH: YA Contemp: Agented

"Without the bitter, baby, the sweet just ain't as sweet."--Vanilla Sky

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Has anyone recent experience with them? Do they keep a wall between their agenting and editing services? A skim of their lists doesn't find any overlap, but it's good to make sure.

This is, of course, aside from the issue of their "agented" authors being published in house ....
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 01-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Publishing arm has own site now: http://www.credohousepublishers.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: