Three weeks to HNS

catholicone

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the pitch session pep talk donroc. I might take you up on your offer! My screenname will be on my badge also (catholicone) along with my real name.

History_Chick

Registered
Reaction score
Try not to get discouraged, History_Chick. Even if you don't get to make a pitch (like me), it's a great opportunity to meet & greet with like-minded writers. You've paid your money--might as well come and enjoy the conference.

yeah but I'm pissy right now so I doubt I will have any fun. I'm in a mood and when that happens forget it. It seems like a big damn waste.

funidream

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Kilt Guy -
I remember you from Albany!!!

(Marc came to the dinner in full feather - Graham tartan and all)

See you all in beautiful suburban Schaumburg this weekend - bring your umbrellies - it has been rainy here.

DMarie84

I wish I had a time machine
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inthewritemind.wordpress.com
I wish I could've gone...it's too far and a little too much money for me to put down to go. I suppose I'll have to wait another few years...

catholicone

Registered
Reaction score
For you conference vets...is there any reason I need to rent a car (I'll be there Friday leaving Sunday)? I'd rather have a town car service so I don't have to worry about directions but if you found that you left the conference frequently then I'll rent a car.

Also, I looked at the 7 day forecast and it looks like it will be nice for most of the weekend :)

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
I think a car is unnecessary. One the conference starts, it seems to be a full plate. You should stay in the hotel and network.

The hotel has a shuttle to the huge mall across the road and to the adjacent Streets of Woodfield if you get cabin fever.

Julianne Douglas

Registered
Reaction score
Car's completely unnecessary. I never left the hotel during the last conference in Albany. There's really no time for sightseeing unless you stay an extra day.

Julianne Douglas

Registered
Reaction score
We're planning to meet in the hotel bar around 5 pm Friday, before the opening reception. See you there!