Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Twitter

Hybrid View

On a cloud in Céline heaven Filine's Avatar

Twitter

Are you guys on Twitter yet?

You can find me: http://www.twitter.com/filine and the dutch fanclub http://www.twitter.com/cdipnl on Twitter We try to post the latest Céline news (in both Dutch and English) as it happens! Would love to see you guys join us
    Cindy & Paula: "I Love You Céline!"
    Céline: "I Love You Too!"
    The Fans: "We Love You MORE" (leaning forwards)
    Céline: (leaning backwards, looking shocked) "Well let me tell you this: I love you the MOST! Ha! Now beat that!"

Mine is that http://twitter.com/tativalecanada5 but all in portuguese so far hehehe
    "Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" me
    "On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
    Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublies pas,
    L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
    instants d'innocence,
    Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

What is this now?

After Myspace, Facebook and such........ lol

On a cloud in Céline heaven Filine's Avatar
    It's very addictive and fun...it's a microblog where you can share all kinds of thoughts, links, pictures! Just try it!
    Cindy & Paula: "I Love You Céline!"
    Céline: "I Love You Too!"
    The Fans: "We Love You MORE" (leaning forwards)
    Céline: (leaning backwards, looking shocked) "Well let me tell you this: I love you the MOST! Ha! Now beat that!"

I already have my proper blog and I don't like the idea of comments etc having a wordcount on them...I want to be able to ramble on should I feel I need to, haha. So no, I'm not on Twitter and I probably won't get it either I think.

The biggest thing driving the Twitter adoption is that many celebs use it and quite a few of us 'ordinary' people actually get twitters from these celebs.

I haven't really bothered, because I simply have better things to do with my time than try and keep pace with the latest craze. I did a facebook & myspace page, but then again, I haven't even gone to my myspace page in months- and only to my facebook because of emails saying something was posted there.

All these social networking applications are principally driven by teens since they tend to have the most time online. They adopt new things the fastest. They switch the fastest. They can spend hours and hours creating their webpages and updating things.

There are several business oriented versions of these, principally LinkedIn. Again, I am very selective of who I accept on that.

To me at least, it's not about having 1,000's of 'friends' add me online. I'd rather have 10 - 20 truly exceptional friends, and have time always free to interact with those. How often can you spend time with 1,000 friends?

Many university studies are now underway and one result already showing up in all of them is that *most* of the people with exceptionally high numbers of social networking 'friends' tend to be people with low self esteem, or other needs that drive them to offset their perceived shortcomings with massive numbers of online 'friends'.

Should be interesting results when all these studies are done. I'm really wondering why some people have 1,000's of photos of themselves online....
    S'il Suffisait d'Aimer

Love should be unconditional.

Good point Darryl hehe I'd like to know that too! heheh I just use facebook to keep in contact with my friends who live abroad Brazil or in another city or some people from my family. My space I don't go there for ages heheh
    At least here some tv shows like sport show has a twitter to keep the news, a online story too they have an account with the news like sales, the newest products etc
    "Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" me
    "On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
    Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublies pas,
    L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
    instants d'innocence,
    Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."