GREETINGS...

MikeKnowles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cyberhelsing.blogspot.com
I’ve just managed to wean myself off a penpal site called Interpals where I’ve spent the last two years in the totally pointless, but nevertheless amusing, pursuit of the cyber trolls I found on there. Bearing the mantle of the self-styled Trollbuster General, I took it upon myself to conduct this dangerous and thankless task. Even to the extent of having a torrid cyber affair with one of them. An affair that ended in crocodile tears for both of us. (No it wasn’t sex that drove me. It was because I’d smelt a potential story. And anyway, ever since the tragic incident involving a drunken midget, a poorly illuminated room and a pair of nutcrackers, sex has been a dim memory). I even created a blog describing my adventures as I grappled, (metaphorically speaking), with the denizens of Trollania. And when one of them threatened to kill me what did I do? Once I’d changed my underwear I carried on regardless. Forget Afghanistan. They’re giving those medals to the wrong people.

So who am I? Well, I’ve spent the last thirty years as a professional writer. In that time I’ve worked mainly as a scriptwriter for comics, (the ones with pictures in, not the other sort. Although I did spend two years as a gag writer which was sufficient time to do for comedy what Nero did for fire prevention). I’ve also written for TV and radio and dabbled in gonzo journalism for what are rather quaintly known as “men’s” magazines. Which makes them sound rather innocent. But we all know they’re not. They’re lewd and disgusting and I’m thoroughly ashamed I ever wrote for them. This isn’t sour grapes. The fact that I offered to take the women who “modelled” in them in lieu of payment is neither here nor there. I must mention that this was BEFORE the incident with the height challenged female and the nutcrackers.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Good heavens! W-welcome to the board. :)

Funny resumé. I cut my teeth on Commando comics (and they're still bleeding) and fondly remember Victor, Warlord, Valiant and the rest. Wish I still had 'em.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

-Derek

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

MikeKnowles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cyberhelsing.blogspot.com
Hi, I’m not so sure about the “Don’t be gentle” message under your name. If you write romantic fiction is this a line your heroine uses? If so you must write some interesting stuff. Actually, I knew a girl who said that to men. She was a bodybuilder who could bend iron bars between her teeth. Needless to say, few men ever tried being rough and those that did always managed to come off worse.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I've got boxes of old British comics in the spare room, but these "men's" magazines of which you speak... I have no idea what those could possibly be! None at all. Honest.