So what's for dinner?

Bladespark

JOAT
Registered
Reaction score
Today it's elk stirfry. I'd be eating it already, but I forgot to thaw the meat out, so I'm having to do that now. Alas.

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
A plate of too old from the freezer beef ravoli with marinara sauce. Sauce was okay, but the ravoli is starting some serious stomach drama.

So bored with certain meals. Need something new. So...

Smashburger

What's a smashburger Pony?

Jack-Full but still hungry.

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Oh okay, Smashburger is a restaurant chain. I just Googled the word and found out there's one about fifteen minutes from my house. I need to get out more!

So Pony, how's the food there? And what did you have?

Jack-Love the Google!

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Crookneck squash and onions on skewers, grilled next to chicken thighs marinated in lemon (zest and juice) and basil, served with rice and a tzaziki style sauce of yogurt-lemon-basil. Was tasty and the chicken was fully cooked, but my tummy is really not happy right now. :(

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shrimp in scampi sauce over really yummy spinach/basil/garlic pasta. It is locally made and they have fabulous flavor combinations.

MM

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spaghetti sauce and meatballs over "spiralized" zucchini and yellow squash. Also carrots in chicken broth, and fruit salad.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Really? No one had dinner today? Or did everyone do what I did but is too ashamed to admit to pouring granola directly into the yogurt tub and then eating until the granola was gone?

Also, where did my rep points go??

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*hangs head in shame* I ate out again. Soup and salad at the Olive Garden. *slinks out*

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We each had a frozen single serve entree. Lasagna for him, fettucine with chicken and broccoli for me. So nothing to brag about. Tonight was one of those nights that are the reason I keep such in the freezer: when she got there, the cupboard was bare.

MM

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
homemade ratatouille with poached eggs.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Leftover chicken (mostly breast) from a couple of days ago roast, which I plan to cut up & cook with rice & onion & lemon slices. Followed probably by some of the tiramisu I brought home from a ginormous restaurant serving last weekend. (Fiorello's near Lincoln Center in NY, if anyone's interested. Good Italian, and most of their portions are not extraordinarily large, but their desserts are both delicious and huge: a dangerous combination!)

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a big bunch of dill the other day without much thought as to how I was going to use it. I'm thinking now it would do nicely with a salmon I have in the freezer along with sides of lemon rice (which I need to make a double batch since my kids will fight over it for an evening snack) a tossed salad with a mustard vinaigrette, perhaps a steamed veggie, and a fruit salad.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheese and crackers. I feel so dinner-shamed.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Cheese and crackers. I feel so dinner-shamed.
Sounds fine to me! I add a glass of merlot, even if it's Cheez-wiz on Ritz crackers.

Tonight--fritatta. I have a lot of green peppers that will go bad soon, and a lot of eggs and cheese. (Cook up the chopped green peppers in olive oil in an oven-safe fry pan on the stove, sprinkle cheese over all, carefully add lightly beaten eggs. I use about ten.) Bake in 350 F. oven for about 10 minutes or until set.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
On my own tonight, so I'm going out. Thinkin' Lebanese or Italian. But then I'm always thinkin' Lebanese or Italian. Actually, I've decided while writing this -- Lebanese for Kibbeh Nayeh. That's raw beef or lamb with I believe some kind of wheat (bulgur?). Some people eat it with raw onion, but I just pour a little olive oil on it, squeeze a pinch into a biteful of pita, and it's great. You gotta be sure to go to a good place though, because if it's not fresh, well you can imagine.