So what's for dinner?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Update: Oh my, that was good. But it didn't taste like Red Lobster's scampi. More of a wild, slightly tangy flavor. Especially delish with hot, crusty French bread, with butter, garlic, garlic salt, fiesta shredded cheese (leftovers), shredded parmesan, and thinly sliced onion. Yum!

Last edited:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is similar, but actually easier.

Since the shrimp are already cooked, I just let them thaw and then pull off the tail shells.

Sauce:

A couple tablespoons olive oil
1 stick butter or margarine
a generous teaspoon of garlic powder (more or less, to taste)
3 long squirts from a plastic lemon (the kind I use is imported from Italy and tastes like fresh)
half a cup or so of dry Vermouth
1 or 2 pinches of Mexican seasoning (red pepper flake, dry cilantro, dry onion, garlic, and I don't know what else)

Once that is all mixed and hot, add the shrimp just long enough to get them hot all the way through.

We like it with angel hair, but I'll use rice in a pinch.

MM

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shrimp scampi (over fettucine) and homemade minestrone soup, again. I'm a fan of the "cook once, eat twice" philosophy.

Also, thanks for the recipe, Mary!

Last edited:

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Update: Oh my, that was good. But it didn't taste like Red Lobster's scampi. More of a wild, slightly tangy flavor. Especially delish with hot, crusty French bread, with butter, garlic, garlic salt, fiesta shredded cheese (leftovers), shredded parmesan, and thinly sliced onion. Yum!

I want this. Oh my.

Tonight it's fish burgers with avocado, and sweet potato fries on the side.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Garlic toast makes even ice cream that much better.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Beef tips au jus (from the grocery store, 4-minute heat-up) over potatoes from my last year's garden, chopped to bite-size and microwaved with a little butter and ground pepper for about 8 minutes. It was late, and I was tired, but it made a nice, filling meal.

I still have a big bucket of potatoes harvested back in early October, which have kept magnificently in the garage through the winter. Had to eat some tonight.

caw

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Frozen store-bought lasagna, and three frozen vegetables cooked separately w/chicken bouillon cubes- lima beans, Italian green beans, and carrots. Also sliced tomatoes with s&p, and sliced apples. We need lots of fruit and vegetables for my boring diet. So boring.

Last edited:

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
In an attempt to make my boring diet not so damn boring, I am getting fancy and we're having sweet potato-spinach-bacon-turkey burgers with a side of cauliflower "potato" salad.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Vegetable and ground beef soup with the best cornbread in the world.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We went out for a happy hour. Two kinds of bruschetta and a 'margherita' flatbread. Also a so-so glass of sangria.

MM

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
The last of the beef stew I froze after making it a couple of weeks ago.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's freezing here, so we're having comfort food..

Black-eyed Peas (been simmering in the crockpot all day), Stewed Tomatoes and (fried) skinless-boneless Chicken Breasts. ;)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today will be the rest of the big pan of lasagna from yesterday, due to my cook once, eat twice philosophy aka laziness. I'll cook some new vegetables since the ones from yesterday are gone. Who cares which vegetables, whatever's in the freezer. Blah.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Simple tonight: Grilled wild salmon fillets, brushed with melted butter and citrus herb mix, and asparagus and baby bok choy sautéed in a little sesame oil, soy sauce and white wine. Fifteen minutes, and very good.

caw

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we need a cookbook by the caw. Alaskan Cuisine!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Beef tips au jus (from the grocery store, 4-minute heat-up) over potatoes from my last year's garden, chopped to bite-size and microwaved with a little butter and ground pepper for about 8 minutes. It was late, and I was tired, but it made a nice, filling meal.

I still have a big bucket of potatoes harvested back in early October, which have kept magnificently in the garage through the winter. Had to eat some tonight.

caw
What is your potato keeping method, if I may ask?