So what's for dinner?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Grilled lamb kofta kebabs, grilled asparagus, quick pickled onions, grilled home made pita bread.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
A meaty take-n-bake pizza, with added bell pepper, scallions, tomatillos and extra shredded cheese. For pizza lovers, I recommend the addition of tomatillos. They go wonderfully on just about any kind of pizza.

caw

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
Grilled lamb kofta kebabs, grilled asparagus, quick pickled onions, grilled home made pita bread.
I now smell like a grill, and can't wash my hair because I have a fresh tattoo and can't shower for a couple days. I'm going to be a walking lamb kofta until Friday.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
(cheater) Coronation Chicken Pasta salad
1 container of Aldi Almond Cranberry Chicken salad
8 ounces twirly pasta (or penne) boiled and cooled
curry powder
Major Grey's mango chutney
dried cranberries
golden raisins
slivered almonds
half an onion, chopped
1 shredded carrot
some more mayonnaise to stick it all together

mix thoroughly. Eat

M Louise

Registered
Reaction score
Made crumbed and deep-fried olives stuffed with feta and parsley, to go with grilled lamb, salad and a baked potato last night. Fiddly work. Too salty I thought, but my partner liked the olives. I want to try tempura-ed cauliflower florets if I can get up the energy at the weekend.

Tonight I'm doing a chicken tray bake with courgettes/zucchini, tomatoes and perhaps cubes of butternut. With a zingy marjoram and capers dressing I adapted from a recipe in Heidi Swanson's blog 101 Cookbooks.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My second attempt at pizza. I'm not sure why I have never made my own pizza before since it's so incredibly easy and the dough whips up in a snap (sans the 1/2 hour resting it needs.) I made two; one that I smeared with pesto and topped with spinach (mixed with a beaten egg) marinated artichokes, olives, feta, onion, mushroom, red pepper, mozzarella and tomatoes, the other with canned pizza sauce, smoked meat, mushrooms, onions and mozzarella. I loved the spinach but my family preferred the traditional. I think next time I'll make my own sauce as well.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
chili with a side of mashed potatoes

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dinner at the in-laws saw ginger-beef scallion skewers, roasted cauliflower steaks w/pesto, roasted golden beets w/feta, cucumber shrimp canapes w/wasabi mayo and the last of my sour cream cheesecake for dessert.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
lotsa leftover mashed potatoes will transmogrify into a Bleu cheese, spinach potato souffle and I've also got a beef pot roast in the oven

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Bone-in pork roast seasoned with mustard. Father-in-law made green beans w/mushrooms and mashed potatoes.

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Arugula topped with tuna and white bean salad

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
The Easter bunny's in the pot :evil, with herbs from the garden and veggies fresh from the market this morning.

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
We just got back from the first camping weekend of the year and did the usual Thali platter on the way home. We've never been to the same place twice and there's no sign we'll ever run out of holes in the wall to try.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Spinach Parmesan quiche with croissant topping.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Easter dinner at my youngest niece's house: Spiral ham, cheesy bacon mashed potatoes, French green beans, creamed corn, spiced carrots, deviled eggs, roll, strawberry shortcake.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
The Easter bunny's in the pot :evil, with herbs from the garden and veggies fresh from the market this morning.
be sure to have venison on Christmas

Spinach Parmesan quiche with croissant topping.

Does that mean that some sort of croissant dough is placed on top of the quiche prior to baking, same as a pie dough roof? Does it alter baking time?

Baked chile rellenos!
MMM...What do you stuff them with? Do you bread them? Chili rellenos is the best food memory of my visit to Tucson, well, that and the restaurant called Feast where we had whatever the chef thought was good that day.

Last edited: