So what's for dinner?

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Does that mean that some sort of croissant dough is placed on top of the quiche prior to baking, same as a pie dough roof? Does it alter baking time?

Yes. I meant to line the pan with Trader Joe's 8-count frozen mini croissants, but that worked ... badly. So I rolled them long and put them on top in stripes. Should I do this again, I'll flip them over half way through as the bottoms weren't cooked through. I don't think it increased the baking time much.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Last night: pho and curry puffs, delivered to my door.

Tonight: pho again!

LilyJade

Registered
Reaction score
Chicken and orzo soup. I was going to make bread but totally forgot and lost track of time.

JoeBrat

JoeBrat
Registered
Reaction score
I am cooking some homemade bulgogi I marinaded yesterday.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Pork enchilada w/salsa verde, frijoles and rice--a take home from Last night's visit to a Mexican Restaurant. Easy prep, easy clean up because I have been gardening most of the day. Might open a bottle of XX --s6

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Picking up Lebanese food on the way home. Kabobs and grape leaves and kibbeh (not raw tonight) rice, etc.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Ground beef and veggie soup with cornbread. (recipe available on request)

CreativeHeart75

Registered
Reaction score
Spaghetti tonight and I'm gonna make Chili for my "boys" for Saturday, since I have to work. :)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Don't want to make the drive to grocery shop since I am leaving tomorrow to stay with my sister while we paint a bedroom. I am out of almost everything but the heel of a loaf of home made bread. No sandwich meat so I am making bread pudding with lots of raisins. It was either that or egg salad sandwiches. Can't put raisins in egg salad. My sister will feed me this weekend and it will be good. --s6

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite bread pudding: half a loaf of bread, 6 eggs, 6 cups milk, 1 cup sugar, rose water and cardamom.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Bread pudding--good idea! Esp. when I have a whole loaf of white bread about to sprout that green stuff.

ETA: Do not bother with Boboli or Mama Mary's pizza crust. No one in this family liked either of them. I'd rather make my own pizza dough or if in a hurry, buy the dough from a restaurant or the freezer section of the supermarket.

Last edited:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, I can't go back to Boboli now that I've learned to make my own pizza dough.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pancakes and bacon (lots of bacon)

What? :Shrug:

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Belated English style Easter Dinner: gin fizz for aperitif; roast boneless leg of lamb, roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed asparagus, mint sauce, gravy, cress salad, pickles, English and Welsh cheddars, apple cider to drink; jordan almonds, strawberries, hot cross buns (that rose very badly and were more like hot cross hockey pucks) with real currants, earl grey and whiskey for dessert.

And a massive Easter bouquet for the table that cost about a quarter of what it would have last weekend! My apt smells brilliantly of lily and hyacinth.

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Belated English style Easter Dinner: gin fizz for aperitif; roast boneless leg of lamb, roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed asparagus, mint sauce, gravy, cress salad, pickles, English and Welsh cheddars, apple cider to drink; jordan almonds, strawberries, hot cross buns (that rose very badly and were more like hot cross hockey pucks) with real currants, earl grey and whiskey for dessert.

And a massive Easter bouquet for the table that cost about a quarter of what it would have last weekend! My apt smells brilliantly of lily and hyacinth.

Just post directions to your house, please, and we'll all be over to help you finish off the leftovers and admire your flowers....