So what's for dinner?

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
egg roll, won ton soup & General Tso's chicken from a takeout place I haven't ordered from in a while. I remember now why I stopped ordering from them -- very mediocre. Disappointing. And there's chicken & lo mein in my fridge now for 2 more disappointing meals. :cry:

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
One of those sticky Chinese chicken dishes. Saw a gif recipe on the internet and just improvised most of it ;)Cornstarch, fresh veg, sesame, you know, the usual.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
We have a lunch club at work and every Monday a different team is on rotation to provide lunch for 20 people. My turn is coming up so I've been on the look out for something that hasn't been brought in before so when I came across this recipe from epicurious for a white chicken chili I had to try it. It really was delicious and easy. I followed the recipe pretty closely only I omitted the cream (I just mashed some of the beans to make it creamy) and I used ground chicken instead chicken breast cut up and since I didn't have a jalapeño I threw in some chili flakes for a bit of heat. We had it with sour cream, salsa and cilantro. I think that it would be delicious without the chicken too, if anyone wants a vegetarian option.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/white-chicken-chili

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Birthday dinner: raclette (with potatoes, sausage, ham, pickled onion & cornichons), followed by cheese fondue (with bread), & a nice white Savoyard wine. Yes, I have eaten all the melted cheese in the world. Just roll me into the corner and let me be a happy blob for a while.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Smoked Tuna sandwiches.

Fork apart some smoked tuna and add enough mayonnaise to hold it together and eat it on toast.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Smoked Tuna sandwiches.

Fork apart some smoked tuna and add enough mayonnaise to hold it together and eat it on toast.

I have never heard of smoked tuna before.

When I was growing up, my mother would make Finnan Haddie - smoked haddock in a cream sauce on toast. I haven't had it in years but it was delicious.

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
I have never heard of smoked tuna before.

When I was growing up, my mother would make Finnan Haddie - smoked haddock in a cream sauce on toast. I haven't had it in years but it was delicious.

Love Finnan Haddie - my local pub used to serve it with spinach and a poached egg which was very tasty - they've stopped it now, alas.

I made a kedgeree this morning for "brunch" - smoked cod (they had some marked down at the supermarket yesterday) with chunks of hard boiled egg and rice in a creamy/buttery curry sauce. Garnished it with some crispy fried red onion. Delish.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We bought the smoked tuna at Meding's Seafood in Delaware.
http://www.medingsseafood.com

They have a restaurant and a seafood shop.

Oh, and today's dinner was pork chops in rice cooked with mushroom soup.

Last edited:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Tonight was various maki rolls at a local pan-Asian place: salmon skin, squid and mackerel. And miso soup too.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Thanksgiving on Wednesday.

Turkey, cornbread sage dressing (stuffing), sweet potato souffle, creamed corn, and a piece each of chocolate pie and pecan pie. Oink!

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We *meant* to have rotisserie chicken, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, and pumpkin custard.

Then we got back from brunch at a friend's house and collapsed for a four hour nap.

So instead it's microwaved Jamaican beef patties. :D

At least I'm having some cranberry sorbet with it.

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
Kippers, potato salad and the awesomest mince pies I found today, with orange flavored pastry and cranberry filling. Christmas season has begun.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Turkey chili, featuring stock made from the carcass and generous amounts of the leftover meat. More like really hearty, spicy soup, it didn't thicken quite as much as I would have liked, but then I did probably more stock than the recipe called for. Still pretty good, topped with fresh grated cheddar and tortilla chips on the side.