• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Amer-Asia Books, Inc. / Global Book Rights (Evelyn Lee)

NoelleB

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been searching high and low for more information about this agency/agent and haven't had much luck, so I was hoping someone out there could shed some light. Their websites are:
www.globalbookrights.com
http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/EvelynKageyLee/

There's a blog with two posts on it only. The website seems legit enough, with some real books listed... They also may go by Amer-Asia Books, Inc. I have a couple agents with partials and fulls already, and since they are so sparsely talked about on the web I just wonder if they are a new agency or one of the bad agencies with a 'new name'.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
They describe themselves as a translation-rights agency (which I take to mean they deal with foreign rights). So unless you already have a book published and still hold foreign rights and want to sell those...I don't see the point of querying this agency. Whether they're good or bad I can't tell personally, but if it's unpublished work you're selling this doesn't sound like the agency to take it to.

NoelleB

Registered
Reaction score
But if I wanted to be published first (and primarily) overseas, then perhaps this agency might be the right choice? Or still no?

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
That I don't know. I'm not sure how that would work, but hopefully someone else may weigh in.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I would say no. I don't know the reputation of this agency, but a reputable rights agency generally sells subsidiary rights for books that are already published or contracted--not first or primary publishing rights for unpublished manuscripts.

If you want to be published overseas, I'd suggest you approach overseas agents and/or publishers.

- Victoria