• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cordelia Press

doctri

Registered
Reaction score
I think they are brand new and I don't know anything about them. Anyone know anything?

doctri

Registered
Reaction score
That's the one. Thanks. I am virtually certain the first time I checked this site it didn't mention it was exclusivey an epublisher.

Thomas Scot

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Cordelia Press? They are - apparently - a small press e-publisher of science fiction and fantasy, etc, but I haven't been able to find any titles they've published (you'd think they would be on the website - maybe I missed them somehow?) and am wondering if they are legitimate. TS

Thomas Scot

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes, definitely new (ish - at least). I think I pulled them off of Specfic (?) or Writer's Market (?) a month or so ago and they were listed as a new book publisher.

The reason I ask is that I sent them an 3 page synopsis for a fantasy novel I wrote (as they requested in their submissions guidelines) Well, the (submissions?) editor responded promptly within a month asking me for a chapter by chapter synopsis a week ago and asked if I could have it to her by 6/15.

It struck me a little odd that she wasn't sure after the synopsis I initially sent whether she wanted to see sample chapters. I'm not new to submitting my stuff to the pros, semipros, etc. This is the first time in fifteen years an editor has asked for a second synopsis.

DAW, Baen, Edge, Wildside all saw the same synopsis and based on that wanted to see the manuscript. In the end, DAW was over booked with fantasy by the time they read it and I missed the mark market-wise with Baen and Edge, although they both asked me to try them again. Nice to be invited back.

So, do I chalk up the request for a chapter blow-by-blow to novice editors? And ... do I really want to drop one of my better manuscripts on a newbie e-publisher?

If it was DAW or Baen or some other 'name' asking me for a chapter-by-chapter, I'd already done writing it and busy proof reading and revising ... but a mystery publisher. Hmph. I'm thinking I will have to pass on this one.

I just wish I knew what credentials Cordelia Press's staff has.

Thanks, everybody, for your input. Helped my thought process.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You went from Daw to a new ebook-only publisher with no sales record? I think you may have skipped a few rungs on that ladder?

Thomas Scot

Registered
Reaction score
You went from Daw to a new ebook-only publisher with no sales record? I think you may have skipped a few rungs on that ladder?

It was a weak moment. Low blood sugar. Lost weekend ... I don't know.

I'm been out for the submitting game for a while. This fantasy manuscript circulated for three years, nothing happened, so I put it aside to work on other projects. Then realised a couple months ago that the only thing I still have out there is an SF novel that's been sitting at DAW for two years waiting for a second read. God bless Peter Stampfel. 'Started hooking into resources for submissions and saw I'd already gone to all the guys who still accept unsolicited ms. for this particular fantasy ms, then saw Cordelia Press and leaped ... without looking.

I know better. Sigh.

Last edited:

Thomas Scot

Registered
Reaction score
Why not submit to agents?

You know, I am finally asking myself that question ... Was looking at old agent response letters I still have from the 90s and went 'oh my god'. I saw two opportunities for resubs that I totally blew off and with good agencies.

Marcia Amsterdam isn't around any more, is she? Sheesh, I got some catching up to do.

Gonna do it. Gonna try the agent route with this MS.

Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last editor's blog post was in June and nothing's been published. Anyone hear any sign of life?

ohjammer

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing new as of 4/30/2010. Amazon has no Kindle pubs from them. Unfortunate choice of name - close to Cornelia press.

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
I was thinking of submitting my novella to Cordelia Press but I can't find any books published by them and Google is giving me no help. Does anybody know anything about them?

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
There is a little bit of information here. (The mods should be along soon to merge these two threads.)

Last edited by a moderator: