• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gelfman Schneider Literary Agents, Inc.

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria Marini just requested my full after receiving my query and three chapters of my newest work.

I just attach the full to my reply, right?

I am both joyful and terrified at the same time. It's the weirdest feeling on Earth.

Crossing my fingers for the rest of you, too. Good luck!

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Victoria Marini just requested my full after receiving my query and three chapters of my newest work.

I just attach the full to my reply, right?

I am both joyful and terrified at the same time. It's the weirdest feeling on Earth.

Crossing my fingers for the rest of you, too. Good luck!
If you're not sure, email her. Usually, the agent wants you to put "requested materials" or something of that nature in the subject line.

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can just attach it to the reply. That's what I did at least! Good luck :)

ksbaby

Perhaps, today is the day.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Re-queried Victoria Marini with a new title after a few months. The title, word-count, and my ms had an overhaul, but the names of the characters and the query letter was the same. She noticed it right away and emailed me. She was concerned that she read the plot before and asked me to go to writers.net to see if there's a possible issue. It was refreshing to find someone who would go out of their way to help.
I replied back and reassured her that it was my work. It'll probably be an R, but I'm still impressed with this lady.
Good luck Rebelcheese!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Marini on 1/20 (by e-mail instead of WEbook)
Partial request (half the manuscript) received 2/2
Revision request received 3/3!

YA science fiction

She was really enthusiastic about the manuscript and gave me some concrete feedback. I'd recommend Ms. Marini without reservations.

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Noticed this on Victoria Marini's twitter page yesterday:

I'm an entirely up to date on queries as of 5:46 p.m today *UNLESS* I requested a partial or full. If you have not heard back, let me know!
I equeried Victoria last week, but have not heard back yet and it sounds like she replies to all queries. Looks like my email might've gone to the great spam box in the sky! Anyone else have a similar problem?

As per Ms Marini's advice, I'm going to resend the query and try again. ;)

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Requeried Victoria Marini with the subject "query follow-up" and received a very nice, personal reply, apologising for missing my query before. A rejection still (due to the fact that the agent had recently taken on a project similar to mine) but a very nice one! :)

ksbaby

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got a full request. Nice & likes my ms? My heart flutters....

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Stupid (and hopefully not a rude) question: does Ms. Marini call, send a letter, or email you when she contacts you again? Not that I'm concerned but it has been slightly over a month.

ksbaby

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my experience, it was all through emails. No auto-confirm. Good luck:)

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria got back to me yesterday afternoon, it was a rejection but not an outright one . . . she said she'll look at it again if I submit it to her again AFTER revising it.

Her feedback is a great help and I think it'll definitely improve my novel. I've already come up with multiple ideas of how to implement her suggestions and fill the holes that she found, now it's time to figure out which ideas are the best.

I HIGHLY recommend Victoria Marini, and you can bet that I will submit this again once I'm done with the revising.

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria got back to me yesterday afternoon, it was a rejection but not an outright one . . . she said she'll look at it again if I submit it to her again AFTER revising it.

Her feedback is a great help and I think it'll definitely improve my novel. I've already come up with multiple ideas of how to implement her suggestions and fill the holes that she found, now it's time to figure out which ideas are the best.

I HIGHLY recommend Victoria Marini, and you can bet that I will submit this again once I'm done with the revising.

That's awesome, rebelcheese! Let's not call this a rejection; let's call it a revision request :) I'm working on a revision at the moment, too, and Victoria is one of the agents waiting to read it. And I agree, she has been great to work with.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everybody know I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Ms. Marini on my blog tomorrow, March 31. If you have a question you'd like to ask, feel free to hop on over!

I'll be back later tomorrow morning to post a direct link, but for those of you East Coasters who want to get a jump on things, the interview will be up by 8:00 a.m. EDT.

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a very nice conversation with Victoria Marini this afternoon. She gave me a lot of feedback on my MS, what worked, what didn't. It all made sense (and the parts of the MS that I struggled with the most were the parts that didn't work). She encouraged me to take my time revising, to think about everything first and let things set in, which is what I plan to do. My brain is already working a mile a minute about where I can take things. The last thing she confirmed for me is that she wants to see it after I'm done revising. So I am very happy right now.

Bottom line, if this is how she treats someone who isn't even a client, I can only imagine how she treats those with whom she has contracted.

Great interview, Krista G!

Last edited:

ksbaby

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Polite, helpful, and super fast. Too bad it was an R. I'll query her again with another project in a heartbeat. She's too good to let go:(

MikeGrant

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria requested half my manuscript today (spec thriller). She seems absolutely lovely from everything I've read, and she's high up on my list because of that, so I hope she likes it.

tarak

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sent off my revised MS to Victoria Marini on Sunday. Thanks to her advice, it is much stronger, so I'm ahead even if she passes. But I admit, I'll be somewhat gutted.

LunaCatBooks

A writing I will go....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lunacatbooks.com
I had a partial request from her on Friday and I sent it to her Sunday morning. Part of the reason I sent her a query was because of all of the wonderful things I read on here. Yay!

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I must say that I'm a wee bit put off my the fact that one agent, Heather Mitchell, is particularly interested in "young debut authors." I'm sure she wouldn't consider me young at 45 years old and I'm sure I wouldn't want someone who thinks that way to represent me.