• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Greene & Heaton, Ltd.

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
Has anybody had any experience with this London agency? They seem, from their web site, to be fairly big. I was surprised that they were not included in the index and a search of the thread threw up no matches.

www.greeneheaton.co.uk

ETA: I took another look at the web site. They represent P.D. James ! and a host of other top-flight writers. They must be okay.

Maybe someone could add this agency to the index?

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, it'll be added during the weekly update (usually on Monday morning). :e2BIC:

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
Judith Murray at this agency is considering my full MS at the moment! Yay!

They got back to me really fast after the initial query with three chapters - about a week or so. They seem very efficient and pleasant. But they can only be tackled snail mail, from what I see.

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
Congratulations!

Hope it goes well for you.

What genre are you writing in?

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Hope it goes well for you.

What genre are you writing in?

It's near future SF. Not sure she does SF generally, from looking around, but the original submission was to Will Francis, who did.

Wonderlander

Bird In Flight
Registered
Reaction score
Turns out Will Francis is now at Janklow and Nesbit, UK. He looked at my writing group buddy's urban fantasy MS.

thephoenix

Registered
Reaction score
They're on my top ten list! I'm mailing out my first fifty on monday. i know they don't rarely take on foreign writers, but here's hoping!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Greene & Heaton is a very well-respected agency. Good luck with your submission.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
In 2006 Judith sent me a lovely rejection:

"I enjoyed reading your novel of course (how could I not? You are such a good writer and an accomplished storyteller) but I didn't absolutely fall in love with it and that's what I needed to do to be the right agent for you. I really wish I felt otherwise because you atre just the kind of author - established and successful, and with the ambition and ability to raise your game with each new novel -- that the right agent would long to represent. I am sorry that I am not that agent, and I know that it's my loss."

I submitted my next novel to her and got a form rejection. I've been trying to raise my game with each new novel but nobody can get past the first few pages, it seems :(

thephoenix

Registered
Reaction score
i definitely don't believe in sex for services rendered, but i definitely wouldn't mind it in this case if i can get someone from that agency representing me. lol. i'm just joking, not really, no i am, no really.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Any recent interactions with this agency? I'm thinking about subbing to Nicola Barr, since she seems to rep some fantasy and YA stuff. :)