• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Publication Riot Group (formerly Priot Entertainment Group) (Donna Bagdasarian)

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Donna Bagdasarian has left Maria Carvainis Agency to form Priot Entertainment Group. PM page is here. No apparent website, AQ page not yet updated.

Correction: website.

Last edited:

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I sent a Q and sample page two weeks ago. I guess I should resend to her new address.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hmmm...I sent her a query on 3/20 at the old agency and haven't heard back. I wonder if I should requery her at new agency. What'd ya think?

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Erin, I don't think it can hurt. What I am wondering is, what happens to the query and sample pages I sent to the first agency? Does someone open it and read, despite Donna being gone or does it go in the trash? Just wondering if I should query someone else there.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Erin, I don't think it can hurt. What I am wondering is, what happens to the query and sample pages I sent to the first agency? Does someone open it and read, despite Donna being gone or does it go in the trash? Just wondering if I should query someone else there.

Thanks. I would query another agent at MC. I'm going to requery Donna at new place, and another agent at MC, just to cover my bases. Who knows where the mail ended up.

This happened recently with another agent who moved and she eventually rejected my query from the new agency.

jenndorough

Registered
Reaction score
I sent Janet Reid a query last week and she told me that due to time constraints that she had to pass but felt that Donna would be a great choice. Has anyone heard from this agent and is this type of referral something I should mention in a query?

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I sent Janet Reid a query last week and she told me that due to time constraints that she had to pass but felt that Donna would be a great choice. Has anyone heard from this agent and is this type of referral something I should mention in a query?

I haven't heard from her, but then I haven't yet requeired her at new place. I would definitely mention that Janet referred you to Donna. I just got a referral from an agent and she even said in her email to mention the referral. (unfortunately, the referral agent already passed on my query!)

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
I sent Donna Bagdassarian my manuscript (at her request) last fall after meeting her at a conference. Never heard a word, until the end of April when I got a letter from Maria Carvainis giving me Donna's new contact info and telling me that she took my manuscript with her. I've sent Donna a followup email. So, if you queried her at the Maria Carvainis agency, it's likely she took your query with her.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard Donna at her new agency? I mailed her my submission before she moved, then I re-queried her email at her new agency. Curious if anyone knows the response time.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard Donna at her new agency? I mailed her my submission before she moved, then I re-queried her email at her new agency. Curious if anyone knows the response time.

I did the same thing, and I have not heard back yet. My guess is that she is busy with setting up her new agency, and with a plug by JR she must be really inundated with queries right now.

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
Still haven't heard a word, after sending a followup email in May. Has anybody heard anything that might give us a clue on response times? Should I start the whole query process over again? (She requested my manuscript last fall, and I got a note from the MC agency letting me know she moved on.) I feel lost!

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I still haven't heard anything from March, although I didn't requery her at the new agency either.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a query at the new and old agency and did not receive a reply.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to update those who might be waiting for response on their queries:

I queried Donna on 4/30. I received no response so last week I sent a follow-up. Today I received a note thanking me for my query and to please allow 6-8 weeks for a response. I'm not sure if my clock is restarting now with this follow-up, or if I should receive a response soon off my original query.

Either way, at least now I know this email address isn't a black hole.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard from her, one way or the other, from her new agency? I got the confirmation & know the estimated response time is 6-8 wks. Today is 8 wks for me - wondering if I should consider it a 'no thanks'?

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
On Priot Group website there's a message on Submissions page saying: 'Submissions are temporarily closed while we catch up on those currently in the office. Sorry for the delay, as soon as we can we'll open the door again.'

I've no idea how long this message has been up or if it's still in effect, since I decided to query Donna based on her Agent Query page and I hadn't looked at the submissions section of the Priot website beforehand. Anyway, I emailed my query yesterday and I got the same auto-responder:

'Please allow 6-8 weeks for a response.'

So, I'm assuming that they are open for querying again despite the notice on the website, since otherwise I would have thought the auto responder message would say something different. But who knows, will have to wait and see.

Did you guys ever hear back from Donna?

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
On Priot Group website there's a message on Submissions page saying: 'Submissions are temporarily closed while we catch up on those currently in the office. Sorry for the delay, as soon as we can we'll open the door again.'

I've no idea how long this message has been up or if it's still in effect, since I decided to query Donna based on her Agent Query page and I hadn't looked at the submissions section of the Priot website beforehand. Anyway, I emailed my query yesterday and I got the same auto-responder:

'Please allow 6-8 weeks for a response.'

So, I'm assuming that they are open for querying again despite the notice on the website, since otherwise I would have thought the auto responder message would say something different. But who knows, will have to wait and see.

Did you guys ever hear back from Donna?

I queried 7/31 and got the 6-8 weeks auto-response. I've never heard back and I'm considering this a non-responsive "r."

Doc

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
Same with me too - queried in June, got the auto-response with a 6-8 wk estimated wait time, never heard a word. I assume mine was a R. Hopefully SOME authors are hearing from her!

mojoman

Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Bagdasarian requested my manuscript at a conference earlier this year. I sent a follow up about 5 months later and still haven't heard anything.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Add me to the chorus of never hearing back from her. Original query in April with a follow-up in July. Nothing.