• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The McVeigh Agency (Mark McVeigh)

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
It took him 2 weeks to respond to my query, requesting the full, and then two more weeks to reject it.

Madisonwrites

The Unicorn Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madisonlovestowrite.blogspot.com
I just queried him nearly one week ago. I heard about him through the GLA newsletter. I'm hoping he will at least read it. I've never had any of my stories read by anyone legit before. :)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I just found out about his new agency. The first thing I did was hit up these message boards to make sure he was legit. hahaha

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
I queried him today. What I really liked was he has an auto-responder on. This simple but cordial function lets the author know it was received... I love that, because I don't have to sit here wondering "Did they even get my submission?"

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried him today. What I really liked was he has an auto-responder on. This simple but cordial function lets the author know it was received... I love that, because I don't have to sit here wondering "Did they even get my submission?"

Hmmm...I queried him on 4/20 and didn't get an auto-response. I'll give it a month, then resend.

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Um, Erin, I got an auto-response too. I would re-check your junk mail folder for it and then re-send, if I were you.

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm...I queried him on 4/20 and didn't get an auto-response. I'll give it a month, then resend.
Erin, I e-queried on 4/23 and also did not get an auto-response. Perhaps the agency wasn't sending those yet when we queried.

karo.ambrose

._.
Registered
Reaction score
When I queried back in April, I did not receive an auto-response either. You're fine. He's probably just getting more queries as more people discover that he's become an agent, so it's taking him longer to respond.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and the auto-responder must be new. I check my junk mail folder everyday for legit stuff too. It's only been a couple weeks so I'm not too worried.

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Mark yesterday. I didn't get an auto-response, but a few hours later I did get a request for a full.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
The McVeigh Agency

www.themcveighagency.com

I don't see a thread in here for them. I see a few sales on Publisher's Marketplace. Does anyone know anything about them or had any experience with them? He's just asked for my full.

Thanks!

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while working on the new novel. Never heard of McVeigh. I'll do some checking and get back to you.
Appy

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Thread here.

Oh, and apparently he also takes graphic novel queries, because they're discussing him over there. :)

Awww, thanks!! I looked for a thread but I didn't see it. Must be blind, sheesh.

Anyway, no one seems worried about him and he asked for my full this morning, so I just sent it and he emailed me back saying he got it, which was nice.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Jamie, I haven't heard from him on my 4/20 query either. I'm going to resend at the 2 month mark if I don't hear anything back.