The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Tracker Management (John Roberts)

Question [Agency] Tracker Management (John Roberts)

I recently received an email from a John Roberts of Tracker Management. The email address (ending in co.uk) indicates its location. Mr. Roberts asked about a film project I was working on, and requested a synopsis, script, etc.

Anyone heard of this person or this company? I have seen no sign of either online.

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    How did he find you? Agents who are soliciting are rarely a good sign.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    A quick search on Google turns up nothing for John Roberts or Tracker Management. Do you have the website address for them?

Basically, there's no such thing as a stealth agent. An agent with a verifiable sales record will be traceable on the 'net or via any of the reputable screenwriter agency websites. Plus, as M.R.J. Le Blanc said - it's a red flat for an agent to directly solicit a writer unless you are particularly well known in the field.

I'd kick this one into touch and search elsewhere.

MM

Try running whatever site the email addy goes to (I'm assuming it's not just a toss away like gmail or yahoo) through WhoIs and see what it tells you.

I would also be suspicious if someone I didn't know just contacted me out of the blue like that. Research carefully! It's all good advice

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    This thread is still the only trace of him.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: