Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbrown

Easily Amused
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ebbrown.net
A tiny excerpt from the upcoming fantasy romance, The Faithful. Oh, and a peek at the final cover!
Faithfulkindle.jpg

Last edited:

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm giving away a copy of Unidentified Funny Objects 2 (which releases today and was edited by AWer Alex Shvartsman) on my blog! UFO2 is a hilarious collection of SFF stories from Robert Silverberg, Mike Resnick, Jim C. Hines, Ken Liu, Jody Lynn Nye, and um, ME.

Drop by and leave a comment to enter:

Win a Copy of Unidentified Funny Objects 2

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
I have another Why/Why Not post, interviewing Layla M. Wier about her new novella Homespun! She talks about the problematic romance tropes she wanted to push back against, including why she chose to write about two men in an older, established relationship, and how terrified she was about screwing things up.

Why/Why Not: "Homespun"

Come check it out -- she's entering everyone who comments on her blog tour into a drawing for a custom homemade scarf!

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Today's blog is nifty keen, a bunch of cool stuff. Highly recommended. ;)

kkellie:write me /willie-flies-the-coop-and-other-nifty-shit/ :welcome:

Loved it, kk, especially the lead about the butterfly. Haven't gotten up the courage to look up that last word yet, though. Time will tell. (Wait, I know -- I'll tell Mr. vagough. He won't be able to resist.)

Did a quick post about the irony of having more time to write (b/c I'm a guvvy who's on furlough at the moment) and yet feeling a tad less creative in spite of the extra hours in my days now.

Drainland

Registered
Reaction score
Posted this today:

db2_twenty_three.jpg

They met in Hamburg. Arnie told her she could crash, so that’s what happened. Anna went back to his place and they smoked a joint around the kitchen table. ‘I can’t sleep without one these days,’ he said. He got up and fetched a sleeping bag, ‘Here. Shut those curtains or the sun will wake you.’ After a another moment together, standing shoulder-to-shoulder over the bag on the floor, Arnie went back to his room and closed the door.

Based on Blonde Redhead's song 23, if the cover wasn't a gimme.

Killer track: http://youtu.be/a7FqUNlEdwA

Status
Not open for further replies.