Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangelo

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Just re-started blogging a couple days ago and hope to stay consistent now. Wrote a little yesterday and will again tonight. Great thread!

tangelo

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Updated my blog today. It is on the importance of setting targets.

Hey Joe, quick html note, you have your black pop out on the right (archive, about, subscribe) pop out over peoples windows scroller bar, so it took me a second to get a hold of it so I could scroll down. Make sense? Might want to adjust it either to the very top right or further below. Just a thought.

Now I'll go read your blog. :)

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
I posted an internal ramble about me being a closeted writer.

joetab24

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Joe, quick html note, you have your black pop out on the right (archive, about, subscribe) pop out over peoples windows scroller bar, so it took me a second to get a hold of it so I could scroll down. Make sense? Might want to adjust it either to the very top right or further below. Just a thought.

Now I'll go read your blog. :)

Thanks, I just fixed that.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

bettielee - your blog is so adorable! It really is.
There is nothing like editing to make you appreciate an onion. You peel away the papery outer layer of spelling errors, obvious grammar mistakes, easy wtf-ery, where you have simply hit the wrong key in the heat of the moment. You have to hack off the uneatable bulb at the bottom, paring away unnecessary characters, description, and all those darlings. Now you are at the juicy outer layer of your novel.
That's just gorgeous!

ETA: I updated. Because, hey - Bastille Day and they celebrate with books. How amazing is that? I so love you, France... :Hug2:

Last edited:

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
Inside a Literary Agency

This weekend I posted the second half of my interview with literary agent and AAR president Gail Hochman. Topics include: what she looks for in a query; what draws her into a novel and what makes her quit reading; what every writer should ask agents before signing on; the state and direction of the publishing industry, and much more. Some of what she had to say surprised me----more positive about self-publishing than I'd anticipated for example. Hope you find it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.