• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Pam Strickler

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection email this afternoon. Same wording as others have posted. Oh well, I'm glad I got some kind of response. Onward I go though!
Bryan

IsabellaCranford

Happily stuck in the 19th century
Registered
Reaction score
I have a full with her now and wonder how much I ought to hope. It sounds as if she responds quickly (in a couple of weeks) to fulls if she wants them. She's had mine for about three weeks. I know everyone goes through this, but it's at the point when I open my email and hope I see a message from her, but wince in case it begins with one of those "I'm afraid…" sentences. However, I'm working on the next novel, and that's certainly helping to keep at least a portion of my spirits up.

ralf58

shhh, I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Pamela Strickler Friday about my historical novel, and I just heard back this afternoon (Tuesday) that she would love to read my full manuscript. Now the wait begins.

Wednesday morning follow-up: She just acknowledged that my document arrived and she was able to open it without a problem. So far, she seems very professional.

Last edited:

ralf58

shhh, I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
She had my full for 20 days and turned me down. Not much feedback. Just that it wasn't as compelling as she'd hoped. So I'll keep going down my list.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Strickler passed away July '13. (obit)