• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Pam Strickler

floonytoon

Any opinions good, bad or otherwise? I've googled extensively but am just curious if others have had dealings with her.

Thanks!

Tiaga

Watching
Registered
Reaction score
I've sent one letter and one e-mail just to see what her interests are, no reply in months.

grommet

Registered
Reaction score
Pam Strickler

I communicated with her about a project back in January and found her to be charming. She responded to my email query in a matter of hours and asked for material via email, despite the fact we both sort of agreed it did really fit her interests (which, I gather, is primarily romance -- BTW I queried her knowing it was a long shot, but I'd read good things about her and thought it couldn't hurt). She ultimately declined on my project, but was very kind and upbeat about it.

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Speedy Gonzales

She was the fastest agent I've dealt with so far -- replied to my e-mail query within a day requesting the first few chapters, and then replied (declined, alas) within a day to the submission.

Kiva Wolfe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kivawolfe.net
We've met...

A little over a year ago, I pitched to Pam at a local writer's conference. I assure you, she's the real thing. I found her to be constructively critical, meticulous to the n-th degree, and right-on with the changes she felt I should make to my first few chapters. Formerly of Random House, she has connections authors need in the publishing industry today. Anyone who snags her as an agent is fortunate indeed.

Last edited:

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
smallthunder said:
She was the fastest agent I've dealt with so far -- replied to my e-mail query within a day requesting the first few chapters, and then replied (declined, alas) within a day to the submission.

yeah, me too! E-queried her this past Sunday afternoon, and got the rejection by 9:18 Monday morning! holy cow!

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything current about her? She just requested a full from me. :)

Thanks,

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
She read a full of mine recently and got back to me within three weeks with some really fabulous and helpful feedback. She's a class act.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response. Good luck!

jordijoy

In pursuit!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandrafoy.blogspot.com
She is an AAR agent with what looks to be recent sales. She just requested my full manuscript as well!!!! So excited about that.

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Jordijoy--Good luck to us both:D

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, the 1dsquared (or should I just call you skinny white guy?).

Here's hoping :D

williamfromkc

I'm keeping my day job
Registered
Reaction score
Strickler

I received a reply to my query within about 10 days. When I checked her website, I got the impression that she mostly represented romance. I'm not sure why I even sent her a query because my project is not a romance novel.

She wrote back very skeptical of the query but requested the manuscript because she like the sample pages I included. When I sent her the manuscript, I posed a few questions to her (for example, she doesn't call herself an agent and I wanted to know why).

That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything more. But it's the holiday season and maybe she's busy with family stuff.

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
She rejected my email query within a matter of hours... nice of her to give it some thought and consideration LOL

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with this agency lately?
Just sent an e-query today.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Erin, that's very fast response. Sorry about the R though, but good luck with the rest.

I haven't heard from her yet. But probably because it's the weekend. We'll see.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Agent Query says she's not accepting unsolicited queries.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a form rejection from her.