The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Agent] Pam Strickler

floonytoon

[Agent] Pam Strickler

Any opinions good, bad or otherwise? I've googled extensively but am just curious if others have had dealings with her.

Thanks!

I've sent one letter and one e-mail just to see what her interests are, no reply in months.
    6' 6" from nose to tail, 183 lbs, 0 to 30 mph in 3 seconds...it's your move!

figuring it all out

Pam Strickler

I communicated with her about a project back in January and found her to be charming. She responded to my email query in a matter of hours and asked for material via email, despite the fact we both sort of agreed it did really fit her interests (which, I gather, is primarily romance -- BTW I queried her knowing it was a long shot, but I'd read good things about her and thought it couldn't hurt). She ultimately declined on my project, but was very kind and upbeat about it.

floonytoon
    Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Ruled by Dachshunds smallthunder's Avatar

Speedy Gonzales

She was the fastest agent I've dealt with so far -- replied to my e-mail query within a day requesting the first few chapters, and then replied (declined, alas) within a day to the submission.
    "'Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,' the Mock Turtle replied; 'and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.'

Dave Diamantes

Good

Floony, I also had a very good experience with Ms. Strickler. Although she declined to represent my novel, she was very good to deal with.

practical experience, FTW Kiva Wolfe's Avatar

We've met...

A little over a year ago, I pitched to Pam at a local writer's conference. I assure you, she's the real thing. I found her to be constructively critical, meticulous to the n-th degree, and right-on with the changes she felt I should make to my first few chapters. Formerly of Random House, she has connections authors need in the publishing industry today. Anyone who snags her as an agent is fortunate indeed.
    Last edited by Kiva Wolfe; 06-17-2005 at 03:06 AM.
    RED FLASH by Kiva Wolfe (Draumr Publishing, LLC). Available online and in bookstores. ISBN 1-933157-06-2. $17.95 Trade; $6.50 E-book. "Americano de nascença, brasileiro em coração." http://www.kivawolfe.net

Quote Originally Posted by smallthunder
    She was the fastest agent I've dealt with so far -- replied to my e-mail query within a day requesting the first few chapters, and then replied (declined, alas) within a day to the submission.
    yeah, me too! E-queried her this past Sunday afternoon, and got the rejection by 9:18 Monday morning! holy cow!

Question

Does anyone know anything current about her? She just requested a full from me.

Thanks,

She read a full of mine recently and got back to me within three weeks with some really fabulous and helpful feedback. She's a class act.

Website | Blog | Openings That Work | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Google+

WHITE HORSE, coming April 17 (US/Canada), April 24 (Australia), and April 26 (UK), 2012 from Emily Bestler Books/Atria (Simon & Schuster).

Thanks so much for the response. Good luck!

She is an AAR agent with what looks to be recent sales. She just requested my full manuscript as well!!!! So excited about that.
    Last edited by jordijoy; 06-06-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for the feedback Jordijoy--Good luck to us both

Dave Diamantes
    She is first class.

Thanks, the 1dsquared (or should I just call you skinny white guy?).

Here's hoping

practical experience, FTW Toni1953's Avatar
    she requested a full from me as well. Glad everyone's experiences with her seem to be so positive.
    Toni
    Repped by Josh Getzler, HSG Literary
    Hey! My cat has his own blog! (Yes, Rocco blogs!) http://www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
    Out now: CLAWS FOR ALARM, the second Nick and Nora mystery
    coming December 2016: OF CRIME AND CATNIP

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I'm keeping my day job williamfromkc's Avatar

Strickler

I received a reply to my query within about 10 days. When I checked her website, I got the impression that she mostly represented romance. I'm not sure why I even sent her a query because my project is not a romance novel.

She wrote back very skeptical of the query but requested the manuscript because she like the sample pages I included. When I sent her the manuscript, I posed a few questions to her (for example, she doesn't call herself an agent and I wanted to know why).

That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything more. But it's the holiday season and maybe she's busy with family stuff.

She rejected my email query within a matter of hours... nice of her to give it some thought and consideration LOL

Anyone dealt with this agency lately?
    Just sent an e-query today.

Listening to my other selves Erin's Avatar
    I queried her 4/30. She rejected me 5/1.
    DRAGONFLY NIGHTMARE: YA Romantic Suspense - Available Now!
    VIGILANTE NIGHTS: YA Suspense - (Merit Press/F+W Media).

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Want to keep up with my latest news and releases? Subscribe to my Newsletter for FREE eBook, exclusive subscriber only content and giveaways!

Thanks Erin, that's very fast response. Sorry about the R though, but good luck with the rest.

I haven't heard from her yet. But probably because it's the weekend. We'll see.

Agent Query says she's not accepting unsolicited queries.

Listening to my other selves Erin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianGoddess View Post
    Agent Query says she's not accepting unsolicited queries.
    AQ has said that since at least last fall. But PM says she is, so I took the chance and queried anyway.
    DRAGONFLY NIGHTMARE: YA Romantic Suspense - Available Now!
    VIGILANTE NIGHTS: YA Suspense - (Merit Press/F+W Media).

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Want to keep up with my latest news and releases? Subscribe to my Newsletter for FREE eBook, exclusive subscriber only content and giveaways!

Just got a form rejection from her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast