• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Writer Services, LLC / writerservices.net

colealpaugh

"Bear trumps Elephants!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colealpaugh.com
I like the testimonial on the front page:

Testimonial
"It never fails to amaze me: the people at Writer Services catch errors in grammar, punctuation, and subject facts that no one else does. Always on time, always affordable, always professional, Writer Services is a great asset to anyone in the business of communicating through writing."

Publisher -- J. Kahler - Team Leader / Project Manager

I used to get references from kids looking for summer photo internships and the old first initial only name was a pretty common tip off of something smelling like bad cheese.

It's especially smelly when writerservices uses a very creative spelling over on the left menu:

"Warnings / Rippoffs"

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: rip–off
Pronunciation: \ˈrip-ˌȯf\
Function: noun
1: an act or instance of stealing : theft ; also : a financial exploitation
2: a usually cheap exploitive imitation

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

And there's the platinum package for $100k which can include 10,00 books!:

Platinum Package
$100,000

The Platinum Package gives the receiver an amazing combination of literary services for success! The gift receiver will receive the services of the Diamond Package with an award-winning book writer as well as our personalized submission services of our High-powered Book Proposal & Query Letter to select literary agents and prestigious publishers. For the self-publishing author, this package can include 10,00 books printed and bound for exceptional profit margin when selling their book!

Last edited:

Clipper

Registered
Reaction score
With each word that you type, you show, more and more, your ignorance. You don't even know the definition of "publishing." They offer "printing" assistance for those who wish to self-publish. Not a cent is taken as profit from any sales. I'm sorry, you have displayed and thus verified, beyond a doubt, that you have no idea what you're talking about. No idea. And as your purpose in life is obviously geared towards a destructive impulse, you no longer deserve my attention or time. Without further ado....

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
And we have a flounce!!!

Nothing like storming off a thread when people provide evidence to make them take you seriously.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
With each word that you type, you show, more and more, your ignorance. You don't even know the definition of "publishing." They offer "printing" assistance for those who wish to self-publish. Not a cent is taken as profit from any sales. I'm sorry, you have displayed and thus verified, beyond a doubt, that you have no idea what you're talking about. No idea. And as your purpose in life is obviously geared towards a destructive impulse, you no longer deserve my attention or time. Without further ado....

Being new and all.....did you just join this forum to do this? It's what it looks like to me.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Due to Super Secret Moderator tools and my Writer Beware-honed research skills, plus, well, logic--I've got a strong hunch that "Clipper" is Mr. Nahas himself.

"Mr. Kelly," on the other hand, isn't.

- Victoria

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Given the grammar and spelling in Clipper/Mr. Kelly/?'s post, I sure as heck hope he/she/it didn't work as an editor.

The questions that started this string was for working for this company as an editor, and all of a sudden this company is against writers and the bad guy?
What's going on here, people? Are you really that firghtened of a little competition? I too have worked for Writer Services, LLC, and they are the good guys. So please stop it already.

colealpaugh

"Bear trumps Elephants!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colealpaugh.com

Actually, I remember getting press releases from Writer Services at our paper regarding gifted children...it was a few years ago, but I think it was to have a book ghost written on behalf of your child's "brilliant idea". 'Imagine the fortune you could rake in if your 8 yr old published a best seller?', or something like that.

I also know that the same pitch was made to some parents of Mensa kids, of which I am one, to pay tens of thousands of dollars to exploit their "genius".

There are less than fifty Mensa kids in the US under the age of*10*and I don't think any took the bait.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From the front page:
Writer Services offers an unprecedented all-in-one book writing and publishing service for writers and authors.
So who's confusing "printing" and "publishing"?

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
I'm sorry, you have displayed and thus verified, beyond a doubt, that you have no idea what you're talking about. No idea.

Hi, there, Clipper.

Just in case you do come back, could you tell me if Mr. Nahas is recommending "Poor Man's Copyright" to protect works in progress, as I suspect he is?