• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Debra Fishpaw Literary Agency

Working Author

Can anyone give me some insight on Debra Fishpaw? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
The three sales claimed by her agency are listed at Amazon as published by Bookman Publishing and Marketing. Not a very good omen.

Working Author

Re: Debra Fishpaw

I wish to thank each of you for your feedback. It has helped immensely.

Teena

iwannabepublished

working hard - hard at work?
Banned
Reaction score
Debra Fishpaw - doubt she was EVER a real agent

I had the misfortune of signing a contract with this agent. For six months she was never able to tell me if she even submitted my work to anyone. I finally got fed up and asked for some kind of a report. She told me that, for six months, she had either e-mailed or called 5 publishers, with no luck. I never thought that e-mail or phone calls was the legitimate way an agent should be contacting publishers. I decided to terminate the contract. Coincidentally, I received an e-mail from her containing the following: “Effective September 1, 2005, the Debra Fishpaw Agency will no longer enter into traditional literary agency contracts and will be operating as an advisory fee-based literary consulting agency.”

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Gaaah!

Sorry for your frustration, Ken. Chalk it up to experience in how to spot the bad 'uns, and all that rot....

iwannabepublished

working hard - hard at work?
Banned
Reaction score
Yea, I've almost given up on agents (it's been 2 years and almost 100 queries). I'm currently in the middle of the approval process with a real publisher - maybe I'll have some luck now.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
“Effective September 1, 2005, the Debra Fishpaw Agency will no longer enter into traditional literary agency contracts and will be operating as an advisory fee-based literary consulting agency.”
No trace of her in any capacity after May 2006.