Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Those who does know it, don't you think they are great? Those who don't, it's one of the oldest and most beloved video games series about a fantasy land called Hyrule. The skeleton of the plot is pretty much farmerboy rescues princess from evil Darklord, but believe me, it's much much more...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Its the same game made over and over and over and over again.

Now its all variations on a theme, with new dongly bits added in.

Or at least, thats how I see it...

My favorite is Twilight Princess, but that's just cause I LOVE werewolves and werewolves are awesome and I want to snuggle werewolves all day.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I know why you like werewolves, handsome ;-) Same motive why you like those red dragons...

Yes, you search around a fantasy lands all the pieces of X so the fantasy land don't fall on DOOM, but! each game has an interesting and fascinating twist to it. Majora's Mask most be my favorite, and not only because it was the first I played.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
Console players tend be nuts for Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, but I can't see why. As far as Japanese RPGs go, Chrono Trigger was far superior. Sorry, but it's true, and that's coming from someone who dislikes JRPGs in the first place.

Majora's Mask was a step down in quality, and let's not even discuss the later games.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Console players tend be nuts for Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, but I can't see why. As far as Japanese RPGs go, Chrono Trigger was far superior. Sorry, but it's true, and that's coming from someone who dislikes JRPGs in the first place.

Majora's Mask was a step down in quality, and let's not even discuss the later games.
snob :tongue

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, no, the best Console JRPG of all time was Anachronox.

Why?

Firstly, it was on the PC.

Secondly, it was made by Canadians.

I know why you like werewolves, handsome ;-) Same motive why you like those red dragons...

Its the tail. I'm a sucker for girls with tails.

<sighs>

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
One of the four video games I've ever owned is Ocarina of Time. I love that game -- played it over and over, and it's still good. Though I wish I could fast-forward the story parts now.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
One of the four video games I've ever owned is Ocarina of Time. I love that game -- played it over and over, and it's still good. Though I wish I could fast-forward the story parts now.
I know how you feel, but it's kinda fun to remember the story. I haven't played it in a long time. Started to last summer and got derailed. That and I need my son's help who goes nuts because I see things flipped and he's always saying NO, Mom..go the other way...to your other right. LOL

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
I've played and beaten every one of them but the four swords.

I love the series. except the water temples.

Fav is A link to the past.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Your Legend of Zelda action figure has NOTHING on my battery powered talking Robocop figure!

"Your move...creep."

Awesome.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Loved Zelda and Link....sigh. So many fun hours......

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
The LoZ series used to be great, but I feel like Nintendo is letting it become stagnant due to a lack of initiative in aging the game as the fans who started playing Zelda in its NES incarnation age. The difficulty in Twilight Princess was laughable and I feel like the boss's attack patterns were even more predictable than usual.

The franchise needs a kick in the butt. Different difficult settings, new puzzles bred from new ideas. Something. The next console Zelda will actually have to prove itself to me before I even consider buying it since Twilight Princess was such a let down, for me.

jmascia

Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I liked Twilight Princess. And the attack patterns are supposed to be predictable, otherwise, how are you going to defeat them. However, my favorite Zelda is actually A Link to the Past for SNES. I think that had the best story and was still pure before having silly things like "bug hunting" which is one of the things I wasn't thrilled about in Twilight Princess.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
And the attack patterns are supposed to be predictable, otherwise, how are you going to defeat them.

Eh, I feel like this mindset is a problem nowadays. I'd rather game devs start making bosses that react based on your actions, or try to use their environments against you instead of just repeating the same tired attack pattern over and over. If their attack patterns aren't as predictable, you'll still be able to beat the boss because hopefully you're able to watch what it's doing and exploit any weaknesses the boss shows.

Or perhaps I'm just getting older and the fact that Nintendo isn't aging their games too much has finally made Zelda stale, to me.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVED Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. I was addicted to the game. A couple of times I played over 8 hours straight! The only game I have ever gone so nuts over. I don't have an N64 any more <sigh> That's the only game I really miss that and Goldeneye.

Status
Not open for further replies.