• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ezine] ShadeWorks

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Hi everyone. I did a search in this sub-forum for the e-zine Shadeworks. I did not find anything, so I'm asking the question. They are fairly new, established in 2008. Their website is:

http://www.shadeworks.org/

Now, they have announced an annual contest with guest editors as judges. The editors of the e-zine claim to have publishing experience in short fiction. Has anyone heard anything about them, know anything about them, published on their e-zine? The site states that they are working on an anthology of short work, but I had never heard of them before a week or so ago.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, if the only payment is "exposure", I'd stick with mags I'd heard of. Best to wait and see if if they can generate some buzz beyond calls for submissions, IMO.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
I agree. They claim that right now, they can't afford to pay... exposure and a link or something is all they can offer. (NVM that's a different ezine. This one only offers exposure) I'll put this on my "watch list" and see if they have any new developments in the next while. I'll report back on what I find and if anyone else publishes with them and has a story (good or bad) I'd love to hear about it in this thread.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As of early '11: "ShadeWorks has met its demise Thank you to all the wonderful writers and readers."