The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [ezine] ShadeWorks

Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you screaming....

[ezine] ShadeWorks

Hi everyone. I did a search in this sub-forum for the e-zine Shadeworks. I did not find anything, so I'm asking the question. They are fairly new, established in 2008. Their website is:

http://www.shadeworks.org/

Now, they have announced an annual contest with guest editors as judges. The editors of the e-zine claim to have publishing experience in short fiction. Has anyone heard anything about them, know anything about them, published on their e-zine? The site states that they are working on an anthology of short work, but I had never heard of them before a week or so ago.
    Ze name iz... Effie

The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest is here!

Quote Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
    The problem's not the genre, the problem is that people are idiots.
    I finally got 700 monkeys! Now... all I need is 700 typewriters and a way to live for 700 years.

Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by EFCollins View Post
    WHO ATE MY SEVERED HANDS????
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukman View Post
    They're in the stew.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Personally, if the only payment is "exposure", I'd stick with mags I'd heard of. Best to wait and see if if they can generate some buzz beyond calls for submissions, IMO.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you screaming....
    I agree. They claim that right now, they can't afford to pay... exposure and a link or something is all they can offer. (NVM that's a different ezine. This one only offers exposure) I'll put this on my "watch list" and see if they have any new developments in the next while. I'll report back on what I find and if anyone else publishes with them and has a story (good or bad) I'd love to hear about it in this thread.
    Last edited by EFCollins; 04-08-2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Correction of info.
    Ze name iz... Effie

The 2011 Horror Hounds Celebration and Contest is here!

Quote Originally Posted by sunandshadow View Post
    The problem's not the genre, the problem is that people are idiots.
    I finally got 700 monkeys! Now... all I need is 700 typewriters and a way to live for 700 years.

Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by EFCollins View Post
    WHO ATE MY SEVERED HANDS????
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukman View Post
    They're in the stew.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    As of early '11: "ShadeWorks has met its demise Thank you to all the wonderful writers and readers."
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: