• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Swap site] iOffer, Inc. / ioffer.com

Harris

Registered
Reaction score
It didn't do anything to my security program. This person is selling thousands of ebooks. They have romance, sci-fi, everything. Something needs to be done.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
It may not be a matter of them not caring, unless they've not taken any action. It could be they took his listing down and gave a warning. Not saying that this guy isn't doing anything bad because he is, but what I'd do is report him again and see what happens. If all they do is keep taking the listing down instead of banning this guy, then they wouldn't be doing much.

Harris

Registered
Reaction score
This person removed the romance listings. Now he/she has thousands of sci-fi. Christine Freehan, Jim Butcher, I mean thousands of books this person has burned.

I'm starting to think none of these sites care. They only want their money. It doesn't matter what laws are broken. It doesn't matter if it's bit torrent sharing of books, movies, and music or some schmuck selling these items. Nothing seems to happen to them. The worst is they have to pull a single listing.

Harris

Registered
Reaction score
Just an update-
I've emailed some of my friends who had books listed on this person's sales site. The site has removed the offending items but will only remove items if the author or publisher complains. They will not stop anyone from trying to sell copyrighted material.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it's uncommon for a site like this to not police what people post. It's probably an overwhelming job. Sucks, but I don't think that necessarily makes them a bad site. I'm sure though that they can ban this guy if enough complaints roll in.