• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Discouraged - why bother?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
eldragon said:
but mostly ....it's the average people I talk to about my book,"Oh, I would read that."
eldragon, I'm not implying anything about the quality of your book here, but when you're telling people about your book face to face, the responses you get will almost always be positive, if for no other reason than people are trying to be nice. In general, responses from agents and publishers are going to be better indicators of marketability than those of average people you're talking to.

Sparkle

Registered
Reaction score
Jackie,

Thank you for your suggestion, but they print guide books about animals. I have been in contact with the company. These stories are fiction. I do own the stallion in the stories and he does have a mane which hangs to his ankles. I have seen the reaction this horse generates from adults and children. I sent the stories to test markets in different states. One person read the copy enjoyed it and then passed it on to her boss. The boss loved the story and took it home to read to his daughter. The daughter loved the story. When the person asked for the story back the daughter refused to return it. The daughter wanted more of the stories.

I am going to send out copies to different agencies and will see what happens.

Diana