Status
Not open for further replies.

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
Food doesn't console me, never has, so I never eat to console myself. You know, I honestly can't think of anything that works to console me when I'm feeling lousy, which is pretty lame, since I could really use a consoling device sometimes.

I find browsing photos of gorgeous woods to be nice, but even that doesn't help when I'm feeling really down. Meh.

Hot baths feel really nice, and I remember crying my eyes out during a recent one, so I might take up those as a consoling device, wasteful as they are.

AH...yes...I do have one consoling device. Buying books. I haven't been as chronically depressed lately because I've been distracting myself buying books. But that can go only so far. I can hardly be buying books forever! :eek:

So...books are my comfort food. Jeez I am lame.

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
AH...yes...I do have one consoling device. Buying books. I haven't been as chronically depressed lately because I've been distracting myself buying books. But that can go only so far. I can hardly be buying books forever! :eek:

So...books are my comfort food. Jeez I am lame.

I do that, too. Now I've run out of money.

ShowerInspiration

Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* a bowl of cereal, Rice chex mixed in with Corn flakes and Special K, filled to the brim with milk and let it sit for a while 'till its soggy...

dethnyte

Wild-Eyed Acolyte
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, definitely I go for a mounded plate of nachos with spicy queso and LOTS of jalapenos (the hotter the better).

*I like to burn the self-pity right out of my system*:D

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
When I need consolation, food doesn't do it for me. I buy a pack of cigs.

KD_Kilker

Carpe diem
Registered
Reaction score
Eating makes me feel guilty. I'm at this period where I've been uber-skinny for most of my life and have never worried about my weight; until I started putting on a bit. Now, I don't know how to get rid of it.

This is what media influence does to teenage girls. /slightly off-topic>

So, instead, I just try to surround myself with as much positive energy as possible, if that makes sense.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score
I make bread. Cause i get to beat the snot out of it latter. lol snotty bread, i haz allergees. But any way, yea, bread.

Is it strange that I cook when upset, Instead of eat. I sure hope my family doesn't learn that, otherwise I'm in for misery, cause i cook good when upset.

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Anything from cheese sandwiches to Annie's Mac & Cheese (Shells and White Cheddar ftw!) to brownies to pickles to cream soda to strawberries to cheesecake. It depends. :D

d&f.

Yasaibatake

is her own imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
My comfort snack is usually salty popcorn or, now that it's Easter time, those cadbury creme eggs. If I'm really struggling, it's a BLT from Jersey Boyz and a cold Diet Coke. The only problem is that Jersey Boyz is right next door to my favorite pub, and I sometimes end up wandering over there, even if it's just for a bottle of wine to bring home.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate covered pretzels and ginger ale.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I eat what I feel like eating when I feel like eating it. I don't console myself with food.

Status
Not open for further replies.