Greetings from Singapore

Eyas

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to the writing scene and I found this forum by searching the name of an agent who positively answered my query. I found exactly what I was looking for and a few days later, I came back to explore the rest of the treasure in these threads. What a lucky find!

Before I go on gushing, I'll just say THANK YOU for the invaluable bits of info I've already carried back to my nest.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
:) Well welcome to AW. The background check forum is great for checking out agents and publishers. So what kind of response did you get on your query? :D I haven't gotten to query point yet, but I hope to be there soon.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Eyas!

Eyas

Registered
Reaction score
:) Well welcome to AW. The background check forum is great for checking out agents and publishers. So what kind of response did you get on your query? :D I haven't gotten to query point yet, but I hope to be there soon.

Hello Horserider,
I have actually sent out quite a few queries, something like 10 or 12. Most of the replies have been along the lines of "While this sounds like a strong project, it's not right for me/us/our list/our agency". Last week I got one which asked for the first 5 pages of my manuscript and I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. I know the feeling is very premature, but hey, it's further than I've gotten so far!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to AW :)

Eyas

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome~!:D I think I am going to have a lot of fun here. Personally, I like my popcorn dripping with real butter and medium salt. Once they tried to serve it to me in Amsterdam covered with sugar and that is just wrong!

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Secondly, Adzmodeus, your Emo quote made me laugh out loud :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif